Timex info wanted

I found this nice little Timex in a lot and was wondering if anyone knows what it is called and what year it might be?  I hear the name Marlin tossed around a lot.  What makes a Marlin a Marlin?  Thanks.

IMG_3887.JPG

IMG_3888.JPG

IMG_3889.JPG

IMG_3890.JPG

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Thanks Rich, its really not that difficult to make them, simple ones anyway. Cousins didn't have the part though i could find it on ebay at 6.50. I figure i earned about £1.50/ hr . It paid for the diamond files i bought.
    • If you look at this thread, you can see I had exactly the same problems with balance springs with 2 prongs on a Smiths 627. The slots in the chaton were not big enough to get the ends of the spring out. I had to bend them to get them out and back in. Not ideal. I don't fancy having to do it again as they could easily break, and where would you find replacements? I didn't come across the 3 prong type.     
    • I visited the Breguet Exhibition today. https://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/about-us/press-office/rare-timepieces-unveiled-new-display-science-museum The Science Museum now holds the collection of "The Worshipful Company of Clockmakers" - "The collection includes more than 600 watches, 90 clocks, 30 marine chronometers and a number of fine sundials and examples of hand engraving, mapping the history of innovation in watch and clock making in London from 1600 to the present day." It's well worth a visit. They have some amazing pieces by the likes of Harrison, Breguet, Tompion etc . I've visited twice before but decided to go and see the Breguet Exhibition. Maybe I was expecting too much, as on reflection, "More than 20 extraordinary timepieces designed by inventor and watchmaker Abraham-Louis Breguet " isn't going to take up that much space. In reality, it's just one cabinet. But, Oh those watches, stunning 🤩 , e.g. (No 1297 was made for George III and is valued about £1m)   I tried a couple of pics, but with subdued lighting and taking through glass, they aren't good. I like thin hands on a watch - how about these (I think this is a split second chrono)   And this one, with all it's complications, is only 10mm thick !   What I found very interesting were a few very old machines for making watch parts, like this 17th Century gear cutter. The disc below has concentric rings with holes in, so that is can be set to cut varying teeth numbers.       
    • Firstly sorry for poor image quality I only have an iPhone for photos.    Im working on a 512 movement and I’ve had some trouble with the “jewels”. I’ve got the metal one out, but when I tried to put it back the three sides of the spring seem to need pressing all at once to fit it as there are three “holes”. I get two corners in but as I go for the third the first two pop out! Constantly I’ve lost the spring. I’ve done the similar ones on seiko movements without trouble. Assuming I find it/a replacement, what am I missing!   on the other side with the only ruby in the movement is a setting with no “gap”at all. How do I get the spring out, and of course get it back in!    What am I missing!    thanks in advance.    Rob
    • Links like that are the reason I routinely donate to the Internet Archive - they are the last safe house for a tremendous amount of useful info that is otherwise lost.