Hello from Sacramento, California!

dpn

Hello everyone, and thanks for welcoming me to the community. I have enjoyed Mark's videos and have become a Patreon supporter to learn more.

I am a watch enthusiast who lives in Sacramento, California. I've been learning how to perform common modifications on Seiko watches, and have also been working to assemble custom watches using commodity parts available on eBay. I'm very interested in learning how to regulate and perform common repairs on certain common movements.

My permanent watch collection includes the following:

• Seiko SKX779 "Black Monster", which I have upgraded with a sapphire crystal and a hacking/handwinding NH36 movement. This was my 10th wedding anniversary present from my wife.
  • Seiko SKX781 "Orange Monster", which I have upgraded with a sapphire crystal and a hacking/handwinding NH36 movement.
  • Sinn 556 I Black Mother of Pearl, which was my 20th wedding anniversary present from my wife.
  • Rolex Ref 1002 (1963), which was my 18th birthday present from my father.

Beyond horology, I'm a traditional analog photographer who is passionate about "alternative" and experimental photographic techniques. Professionally, I am a recovering attorney. I am now an adjunct professor of biology at a local community college, and a biological consultant specializing in wetlands, bats, and native California wildflowers.

Cheers,

Dan

If anyone is interested, I quite enjoy watch photography. Here are some of my favorite photos from my watch collection.

Rolex Ref. 1675

This is my father's Rolex Ref. 1675 GMT-Master. He was an airline pilot, and found the GMT complication quite useful!

876731119_3ZgpNvd-Imgur.thumb.jpg.02ae72cc803a94e188e2ba6d33e646ea.jpg

Here is my Ref. 1002 Rolex Oyster Perpetual from 1963. The dial is quite bad, but I have a strong sentimental attachment to this watch.

552410531_C503CCDB-4A14-4C78-B439-85E104266B28-28187-0000056A79EDF436(1).thumb.jpg.4882e99b9f53ec8c4eca45dcd67dae4e.jpg

Here is my Sinn 556 I with black mother of pearl dial. This was my 20th wedding anniversary present from my wife. I have it on a grey toad leather strap from Aaron Bespoke in Montreal, which I love.

• Thanks 1