Omega Geneve Automatic

Geo

I'm just back from my local auction house with my new acquisition, a very original Omega Geneve Automatic. I suspect it is untouched from leaving the factory and will definitely require a service although it is running very well. The only blemish is a scratch on the crystal, nothing that a good polish won't cure. When I get around to opening the back, I will post images of the engine room. Total cost including auction house premium was £156. :)

post-124-0-30913000-1422969057_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the kind comments guys.

When purchased there was no strap on the watch although the original Omega springbars were fitted. The photo (Below) was that bad, and unless you saw the watch, you would not bid. The description only read "Omega Gents Automatic Stainless Steel Gents Watch", nothing about condition, age or even whether it worked or not.

96950555-7570-496f-a6cc-31e0471f1e94.jpg

It has now been running for a day, and without using a timegrapher, is keeping perfect time. I will give it a service in the very near future and report what I find.