Chromachron help needed with movement.

Hello there,

I have a question about my old Tian Harlan Chromachron watch. I recently dug up this beauty after replacing the battery runs but not smooth, the watch should move every our one tick I remember to show every hour a different colored slice. So the mechanism works but not as intended, I went to my local shop and they said it would cost me around €85 to do some service and smooth the thing up! I kept the idea in my mind but also did some investigation online and maybe I can replace the whole ISA268 mechanism. On ebay I found two for around €15, that would be cheaper. But my question is will these quarts movements work in my watch because there aren't any hands in my watch but only a dial that ticks every hour?

The mechanisms that I have stumbled uponhave/are '2 pointer' will one of those work with my watch?

Yours faithfully,

Petrus

29 minutes ago, Petrus said:

But my question is will these quarts movements work in my watch because there aren't any hands in my watch but only a dial that ticks every hour?

For the jumping hour feature some modification must have been done. I suppose that you never took apart a watch before, neither have the proper tools, so if you care about this watch I recommend that you give it to the professional for the reasonable price asked, that should be guaranteed work.

• Like 1

the first link talks a little about your watch I'm guessing it's not working because of the age of the movement. Even quartz watches need to be serviced from time to time. The second link somebodies attempting to do what you're doing and needed help with the dial.

on the surface the movements seem like a better option than paying a watchmaker. Because after all all you have to do is get the new movement disassembled the watch pop the discs off without breaking them. Move everything to the new movement and put the whole thing back together and I assume you've worked on quartz watches before?  then were assuming that they didn't modify the movement in some way.

or as jdm points out it might be better to go to the watchmaker.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/chromachron-a-radically-new-approach-to-time

https://www.watchrepairtalk.com/topic/5690-removing-dial-from-a-chromachron-isa268-movement/