Komandirskie 2416b

My Vostok Komandirskie fell off my bed and landed on my wooden floor. When I picked it up I noticed the watch has stopped. I gave it a shake, it ran for a bit then stopped. I gave it a tap and ran then stopped. This happened for a bit till it ran and seem fine. I left it in my watch box overnight. The next day I noticed it wasn't running. After shaking and tapping, the watch doesn't seem to work anymore. I opened the case back and for a bit the balance wheel oscillated then stopped again. Not sure if something was dislodged. I also noticed that this time around, even for a brief moment when the balance wheel ran, the seconds hand no longer moves. The watch is pretty much dead. I gave it a proper wound did the usual shake but nothing.

So, I decided to dissect my broken Vostok but don't know what to look for. I don’t see anything hindering the balance wheel but with the aid of my air puffer, the wheel oscillates for a bit then stops. The seconds hand, not a sweep. I doubt the seconds hand was off it’s pinion because I checked it. Something is surely keeping the wheel from running continuously as well as keeping my seconds hand from sweeping. Help!!!!

IMG_2970.jpeg

IMG_2969.jpeg

Seconds hand not moving is highly likely due to LACK OF INTERACTION BETWEEN IMPULSE JEWEL AND FORK, due to excess side shake created as pivot breaks. Otherwise we would have to consider multiple faults.

Hi   with any impact a watch can and will sustain damage and as pointed out by Nucejoe .    The most probable is pivot damage either broken or bent.  The usual suspect is the balance pivots especially in watches without shock protection.  So first remove balance and check its pivots are they broken or bent, then check all the other wheels, whilst in bits just fit the balance on its own and check its action is it flat does it wobble, if its flat and true with just a little end shake clean and reassemble the watch and check again.  As Nucejoe mentioned there is always the possibility of multiple faults.       Cheers