Invicta Venom Crown Repair

Hello Everyone

I broke the crown for my Invicta Venom 24257 and lost the crown. The photo here it is the way it currently how the stem looks. 

I am able to find the replacement crown on the ebay but wanted to know how to replace it. I am a novice, can I do it on my known or it is must to be sent to the repair shop.

Thanks in advance

IMG_20200423_151904.jpg

It depends if when the crown broke off how much of the stem is left. With a shorter stem and the crown screwed on it will not engage the winding and hand setting wheels. However there are such things as stem extenders that can screw onto the original stem that help repairers to over come such a problem, providing enough stem is left to screw one onto, you will need to know the correct screw size. Here is a picture of the extensions I'm talking about.  

s-l400.jpg

• Like 1

Hi  It all depends on your skill level and understanding of watches. If you have the tools to get the back off and remove the stem . If not the safest way is the repair shop or as Old hippy advocates using stem extenders.  Inexperienced poking about could lead to a ruined watch or a large repair bill.

Thanks for both the replies, I just had one more question. I have taken off the stems of other watches which had crown still in place, AI pushed the button and pull of the stem with crown , but in this case how do I take the stem off

Can you remove the back and take a picture and we can help you. A shot in the dark, sometimes there is a tiny screw that needs to unscrewed a little to remove the whole stem, or it could be a push in piece you need to push in. By looking at the movement we can pin point the part for you.

• Like 1