ETA Quartz tech sheets

huge thanks clockboy, i have one that seems to of sprung into life after a tad of quartz oil and a coil check and voltage check done, they do not tick like a normal quartz, this seems to tick every 20 SECS, so interested to see the specs etc. rogart63 has sent me a couple of replacements just in case i need them, so thanks to that fine gentleman for his help.

Hi It seems like the swatch group who own eta and several other brands have now closed the portal through which we mere mortals were able to access the tech sheets and are now only available to customers purchasing their products, probably in great numbers.

They have the most of the tech shhets still online, but some of them which have been obselete for quite a time is taken away.

https://shopb2b.eta.ch/?___store=en

Up in the left corner you just choose if you want the quartz or the mechanical tech sheets.

The 579.002 is one of those movements that is no longer supported and it was replaced with the ETA 902.002.
https://shopb2b.eta.ch/902-002.html#technical-documents

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• When can you use a standard crystal to replace one that had a tension ring? The first time I popped a crystal with a tension ring out of a watch I found that I had a suitable sized standard crystal and decided to try that.  It fit nicely and it was hard to see that anything was missing from the watch.  I understand that it probably reduced the water resistance of the watch but since it was an old dress watch it wasn't going for a swim anyway! I have since tried the same thing on another watch and found that the tension ring seemed to have an additional role of holding the dial in place.  With the standard crystal in there the dial and movement falls forward. This means it rattles in the case and falls forward and the hands fowl on the crystal (when the dial is down). Is there a trick I am missing here or does this watch require a special crystal?  I am reluctant to buy an expensive armoured crystal only to find I have the same problem.  
    • So I wrapped the anvil it in bubble wrap and passed ot through the demag only. Still no go—the unit is simply too strong.  next experiment is to use a VARIAC to lower the voltage and see if that reduces the magnetic field. 
    • In this case, the underside of the crystal is flat so I assume I don't have to worry about clearance to the hands. However, perhaps I'm missing something. If so, please let me know. I guess no one has the patience to get into the details of my first post so here's a simplified version of my question: The case diameter for the glass gasket is 36.9mm. However, Cousins doesn't have a glass gasket with that diameter. The closest are 36.8mm and 37.0mm. Would any of those two options work, and if so which one? I have no problem ordering both and testing them, but If someone already knows it is pointless, there's no reason to order. No, I haven't. Is there someone you can recommend? Preferably in Europe. Thanks!
    • No. It's incredibly volatile and evaporates in seconds; there is no way it would last as long as it took to just install the part cleaned in it, in the movement.  
    • When I record how much I have spent on each watch I include the postage.  UK EBayers seem to be charging £5 minimum these days on postage.  Have made a couple of job lot buys recently - based on the average price this one could be 404 reboot project  Bad photo from eBay - 1 of 4 watches for a total of £21.19. A Medina with an MST 385 movement - Soaked in oil but looks like it will run again!