ETA Quartz tech sheets

huge thanks clockboy, i have one that seems to of sprung into life after a tad of quartz oil and a coil check and voltage check done, they do not tick like a normal quartz, this seems to tick every 20 SECS, so interested to see the specs etc. rogart63 has sent me a couple of replacements just in case i need them, so thanks to that fine gentleman for his help.

Hi It seems like the swatch group who own eta and several other brands have now closed the portal through which we mere mortals were able to access the tech sheets and are now only available to customers purchasing their products, probably in great numbers.

They have the most of the tech shhets still online, but some of them which have been obselete for quite a time is taken away.

https://shopb2b.eta.ch/?___store=en

Up in the left corner you just choose if you want the quartz or the mechanical tech sheets.

The 579.002 is one of those movements that is no longer supported and it was replaced with the ETA 902.002.
https://shopb2b.eta.ch/902-002.html#technical-documents

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• I can't see anything under where the balance sits, anything on the dial side? 
    • Ok so banking pins are not always perfectly straight and it may have been set this way on purpose, possibly even at the factory. There are various checks to be made before attempting any straightening up of them. At this stage i would carry on as you are, the banking positions will either be right or wrong so deal with that when the time comes. Your first step in having to replace the pallet fork is to correctly identify the movement you are working on Dave Do you know how to do this Dave ?  Pandow is only a watch co. name, not the name of the movement maker. 
    • There were many variants of the bezel lock and crown for the Weems. Usually there was a crown and a wedge part that prevented the bezel from turning when locked. The 2 o'clock position is the look I am going for... ...but the unit I'm trying to restore to function was held together with one screw wedged inside the case tube and screwed into the crown. The crown turns freely, unfortunately and would not lock down the bezel....   There was no wedge piece and this set up served only to keep the crown with the watch. Losing these parts was all but assured and replacements are nil. I've built the wedge part but I'm wondering if anyone knows how these were supposed to work originally as I cannot see the best solution? The tube is threaded as if there was a stem threaded to the case and a tip that threaded to the crown? As it stands the crown/screw combo I have is .80 and the screw head is 1.80.   
    • https://www.partinfo.co.uk/docs/11671
    • I found a 1998 Timex quartz diver digging through a briefcase of $10 (3 for $25) watches on the first Sunday of June (8 days ago) and found this crudy scratched timex that you could barely read the dial. It was missing an end link on the bracelet. I was able to source a new mineral flat and a pair of end links. The dial has a couple of semi circular light scratches hardly noticeable and needs a new crown and polishing of the bracelet and case. But overall I really am taken to this piece. The bezel insert shows some damage. I think the guy who owned this mixed cement a couple of times and then threw the watch into a drawer when the end link pin broke. The hands are immaculate and no water ingress has occurred. Still need a couple of things to do but I like the old scratched bezel offset by the new crystal and almost mint dial and hands. It seems to be running about a second a day or less fast. It's 40mm and 9.7mm thick. 47mm lug to lug. I like that it is not too thick and the reading of time is instantaneous!