Insight Into A China Watch Factory

I've purchased some in my time. Swiss 2824, A 7750, Swiss 2836-2.

When a part like a case tube thread, or main spring gave out, I was able to get a part to Repair it.

I've since moved on to vintage watches.

The Chinese watches that I bought held up.

My only rub with them is the pricing.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Quite true , anybody visiting the forum can access that information, may be better holding that link in a private message that only members can access. Then again anyone can become a member hmmm.  Have a seperate email unrelated to your regular use email ?
    • Anyway, new machines are designed to fail after 5 years. 😮‍💨
    • Great idea - but can access to this thread or the list be restricted to member only somehow? Or move it to a new category linked from here, and make that category members only? At the moment the list - with all the real names & contact info - is totally unprotected and accessible to any spambot or other malicious webscapers, which is rather worrying. (Just tried it with a different browser & via proxy in the US - this thread and the list are fully public, at present).  
    • I've been programming, building electronics for, repairing and retrofitting machine tools and industrial automation systems for over 40 years now. I could have retired, but I always have work queued up - and I still enjoy it; also building electronics, robots and animatronics (among other things) as hobbies. There is a vast range of work in machine tool / robotics / industrial automation field, and not all that many really good people, who fully understand the electronics and software side, rather than having been forced in to it from the mechanical side & struggling with anything to do with electronics or software. I can't help with the qualifications side - things have changed too much over the years, & I started my business before I left school. At the time I was getting criticised and even penalised by teachers for spending too much time on the school "computer" (a massive early programmable calculator, really) because computers & programming were a waste of time, according to them!   One big problem I am aware of is that a lot of university courses have little to no correlation to real-world industrial machines and equipment - most of the equipment in the field that needs work is old! You have to be an enthusiast and study older system and techniques; it's no good knowing the state of the art electronics & software inside out when you are more likely to be working on a 50 year old machine than a brand new one. The oldest machine I routinely work on was made in 1911; many are from the 1950s - 80s. New machines tend to be under warranties or service contracts, so only the makers agents ever touch them - it's the older gear that gets sold on after it's showing its age and really needs actual engineers!  
    • I got this set from Cousins. I believe the arbors are steel and it's been working very well. Not all Chinese sets are the same. Some a decent and some are crap. My most appreciated mainspring winder is my Master Craft Mainspring Winder: