Hello from Switzerland

Jacacanta

Hello,

Please allow me to introduce myself.

I have been collecting watches since the late 90s and one thing leading to another, started playing with "watchmaking" in 2005 via an online course (only text and no video back then...) around an ETA 2801.

I have stoped collecting long time ago (prices just became insane fro someone used to 90s prices) and have also put aside watch repairs for around 10 years (too little time and too many hobbies).

A few years ago I decided to catch up with watch repair and have since taken some online courses and managed to reassemble the 2801 from 2005 (which had been sitting in a drawer in pieces since 2005) and also played with some Unitas movements (6497).

Feeling confortable with these movements I have now decided to take a new challenge, service a Seiko 66 9990 that I got from my father - which took me to this forum via a google search.

I tend to not speak or write unless I am absolutely certain of what I'm saying/writing so I hope you will be indulgent with me if I read more than I participate as I feel a totally novice in this area.

Looking forward to sharing with you all

Joao from Switzerland

• Like 1