Info on movement GP 22.09 (Peseux 336)?

All,

I recently acquired a late 50's Girard-Perregaux Gyromatic with the "39" Jewel movement.

My understanding is that this is the Girard-Perregaux caliber GP 22.09. Which (apparently) is a modified Peseux 336. I have never heard of Peseux - but I haven't been in to watches all that long (at least not at the level of detail where I would know these manufacturers).

Can anyone tell me where I might find some info on this movement? I have had only modest success so far (just searching with Google).

Many thanks!

-Paul

1 minute ago, clockboy said:

Thank you sir!

Yes - I had found that. Those "Pink-pages" are nice. I have bookmarks to most of my vintage movements.

But I am thinking more along the lines of a service sheet or similar. Something that might be a helpful reference to someone unfamiliar with the movement(s) that was going to attempt a general service.

-Paul

6 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

Data sheet for 336 should do, Though oils have improved eversince. Excellent movement.

Greetings Nucejoe!

I agree - a data sheet for the 336 would be great. Do you know where I can find one? Or are you inferring that the sheet for the 330 would be essentially the same?

-Paul

1 minute ago, Nucejoe said:

Yes that is what I meant, but somehow entered the wrong caliber number. You,ll love this piece, they are jewel. Wear it in good health.

Thank you sir - wishing good health to you and to the rest of the WRT members, and to all of mankind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1