Hi all

I am ready to strip / service and rebuild a fusee silver pocket watch and I need a set of hands.

The seconds hand is at 6 o'clock the size is 6mm from centre to tip - total length 9mm. The bore is 0.305mm on my micrometer. The hand width is 0.2mm and is straight. The tube length is 3mm. The seconds hand in  the pic has an oversized tube bore and has been crushed at the tip to grip the seconds wheel arbor. The tube rubs on the dial because it is oversized and stops the watch from working. Removed the watch works fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_6205.thumb.JPG.4f962eafaf041141830a7b7f44fabf6d.JPG

IMG_6206.thumb.JPG.12ed8f317eaef79b8e67ee03cb14c101.JPG

The minute hand is spade with a square bore 1.4mm square. Centre to tip length = 18mm

The hour hand is spade with a bore diameter of 2.5mm. Centre to tip length is 14mm

Can anyone help me obtain these hands or tell me where to get them from?

Thanks in advance.

Steve 

Edited by Colditz
Words split due to format

Hi OH

Yes I tried the web also cousins and bought the closest hands to the measurements hoping there was enough material to broach them sadly there was not enough. Many thanks for your quick reply. I will keep trying the Web though for old stock.

Cheers

Hi there,I wanted some odd sized hands for an old English Lever watch that had been in my family for ages and I found that this guy has loads of old and obsolete watch parts and was able to provide me with what I needed.His website address is as follows.

[email protected]

Hope this is of help to you,Regards,Seth.

Hi Stuart will do and thank you.

I love this forum the people on it are so helpful.

I am servicing 2 x Rolex datejust 2135 cal. and the crown stem on one them does not engage properly to adjust the date. I will try and take some pics of the dis-assembly  so we can see what the error is. Hope to do that this week. I have a minute and hour hand on the way for the fusee. When I get them I'll fit and take a pic and post it.

A little update on the Rolex's.

The first one has a balance cock which I was not expecting and for a start I thought it was a fake. After a little investigation I found that Rolex made this watch cal. from 1983 to 1999 after which they used a balance bridge which is what the second Rolex has and thats the one with the date problem. This one is so gummed up and dirty I have had to go through the cleaning process twice. I will post a pic of the stripped down parts. Here is the timegrapher scan of the the first Rolex with balance cock.

IMG_6196.thumb.JPG.9f5da6d457efff939ad028770f5830e8.JPG

Edited by Colditz
Spelt Rolex wrong.

Hi All

Re fusee silver pocket watch: I got the hands and fitted them and guess what? In the envelope was a second hand that I was not expecting and it was the right size so I fitted that too. Just going through getting the timing right and I'll post up some pictures for Stuart Baker 104.I'm  really chuffed with the result.

Re the Rolex 2235 cal. I succeeded in a bid for a new setting lever jumper assembly as the spring arm is worn out and doesn't engage properly.

Re the Rolex 2135 ca.l I need a click spring. I've tried Cousins but no joy. Could not find one on ebay. Any suggestions?

On a different note I have upgraded my Wieshi Timegrapher 1000 and it does have the latest firmware in it so that you can set the beat rate manually. I have upgraded  to a 1900. Is anyone interested in taking the 1000 off my hands? In fact I  think I'll donate it as one of Marks prizes if he is interested. Mark please let me know.

The reason for donating the Wieshi Timegrapher is I really do not want someone on ebay to buy just to make a profit and outbid someone who wants it to use it. I have been beaten on ebay so many times by profiteers that I would much rather it go to a fellow enthusiast.

Hi all 

An update on the Rolex 2135 cal. The pallet fork was covered with rust like deposit and so was the escape wheel. When I checked the automatic movement parts these were the same. I can only assume that when this watch was last serviced the epilame was used and the parts not dried off properly with hot air and moisture condensed on the parts. Does this sound a reasonable assumption? There is no evidence of water ingress on any other part. Would a little feed back if possible.

Check out the blackness of the pallet, escape wheel and the automatic works. Noother parts are like it.IMG_6259.thumb.JPG.4f945d4b3fc725d8b1d5b6ec922bc8cb.JPGIMG_6255.thumb.JPG.31001a7fa4012bf72d34a143d89d8928.JPG

Great news on the pocket watch... keeping us in suspense on the photos I see ;)

If you search eBay for a 2130 click spring, this is the same as for the 2135. There's one Rolex branded for £40 in the Uk and several generics for a bit less from Germany, Italy and the US...

Re assembled Rolex 2135. The movement functions but the readings on the timegrapher are not good. I'll post tonight.

My guess is that the balance staff is contaminated and needs another clean. I will check both the pallet  and the balance pivots again. The train seems to be okay and is free running. Would really appreciate opinions.

Also repairing a rusted up Breitling A13381with a 7750 cal movement - similar to the one Mark shows in his video. Both the case pushers are shot -  I found the end screws sheared off inside the case and I need new ones. Help here in obtaining the parts would be much appreciated. Parts for the case are not easily come by.

The chrono minute counting wheel hub has rusted away and needs replacing. The oscillating rotor bearing is also shot and needs replacing. The train of wheels seems to have survived and I will be cleaning them in the ultrasonic bath. The bridges have all cleaned up nicely too. If I can get the the heart beating it will be worth spending on the chrono and  automatic works parts and of course the pushers. I will be posting pictures as I progress.

IMG_6283.JPG

IMG_6285.JPG

IMG_6287.JPG

IMG_6289.JPG