Nucejoe

Hairspring CGS & specifications.

How do I find out the CGS parameters and specifications needed to place order with the hairspring producer.

What tool to measure torque vs radial displacement with?  I have heard of ergometer.

I am sure the subject has been previously covered, no luck with the search function.

Thanks in advance.    

3 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Best to contact the hairspring producer.  Years ago you could get charts for this sort of thing. These days I think it is beyond most watch repairers.  

How can you contact an hairspring producer. There are only like 2 or 3 in Switzerland and they don't correspond with repairers or individuals. 

5 minutes ago, jdm said:

How can you contact an hairspring producer. There are only like 2 or 3 in Switzerland and they don't correspond with repairers or individuals.

You stated my next question and answered it. My order would be for five hundered HS which I don,t think meet their MOQ either. So back to fixing HS?

Not all hairsprings are produced in Switzerland China and India must have domestic production of hairsprings, and this British firm manufacture custom made Hairsprings and carry's a large range in stock.

http://www.britishprecisionsprings.co.uk/html/custom_springs.html

3 minutes ago, wls1971 said:

Not all hairsprings are produced in Switzerland China and India must have domestic production of hairsprings, and this British firm manufacture custom made Hairsprings and carry's a large range in stock.

Ya looks like the britisnh company don,t correspond with repairers either. @clockboy once introduced a company.

Do you know of a company sells to repairers.

16 minutes ago, wls1971 said:

Correct, and as you noted the British has a website and contact info. The Swiss have the website and a marketing but only talk to mov't producers when obliged by regulations and wide trade agreements (see link below), and good luck about talking to Chinese for less than 1,000 pieces. I'm not aware of any production in India., the only remaining producing country is maybe Russia, then we have Japan and the countries where they own factories, but both of them don't produce to customer specifications.

https://www.europastar.com/watch-knowledge/1004087450-mechanical-who-will-succeed-eta.html

Edited by jdm

6 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

Do you know of a company sells to repairers.

I don't think you will have any luck talking to manufacturers, and only with the old way of scouring Ebay can ger you a solution.
If you have trouble with shipping or paying from your country just PM and we'll find a way.

2 minutes ago, jdm said:

Correct, and as you noted the British has a website and contact info. The Swiss have the website and amerketing but only talk to mov't producers when obliged by regulations (see link below), and good luck about just talking to Chinese for less than 1,000 pieces. I'm not aware of any production in India., the only remaining produced is Japan and the countries where they own factory, but the don't produce to customer specificatsion.

https://www.europastar.com/watch-knowledge/1004087450-mechanical-who-will-succeed-eta.html

1000 piece of one type is acceptable too.  I don,t dare posting on chinees portals, they follow you for life.

3 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

1000 piece of one type is acceptable too.  I don,t dare posting on chinees portals, they follow you for life.

Hey we could make a WRT mov't , limited edition 1,000 pcs, ahaha
Yes if you post interest on Chinese websites you will get follow-on emails. That is just proper marketing, as invented in America 200 yrs ago. My own country telesales are worst.

5 minutes ago, jdm said:

I don't think you will have any luck talking to manufacturers, and only with the old way of scouring Ebay can ger you a solution.
If you have trouble with shipping or paying from your country just PM and we'll find a way.

I used to keep radar on ebay, only usual assortments. Lets find the merchandise first, I can arrange for payment through my niece attending school in oxford. Have problem with making small payments only.

Thanks for your help offer, very kind of you.

7 minutes ago, jdm said:

Hey we could make a WRT mov't , limited edition 1,000 pcs, ahaha
Yes if you post interest on Chinese websites you will get follow-on emails. That is just proper marketing, as invented in America 200 yrs ago. My own country telesales are worst.

Then again you stated one of my suggestions..  WRT watches.  

Edited by Nucejoe
Exceelent quality ofcourse to measure up to WRT.

3 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

Then again you stated one of my suggestions..  WRT watches.  

It would be absolutely doable, check for example "chinese watch group project" on WUS. But as it happens this is more a repair site than a collector's one, so I doubt it would raise enough volume. Then again, stay tuned for crowdfunding projects by the usual suspects.

17 minutes ago, jdm said:

It would be absolutely doable, check for example "chinese watch group project" on WUS. But as it happens this is more a repair site than a collector's one, so I doubt it would raise enough volume. Then again, stay tuned for crowdfunding projects by the usual suspects.

Ya, collectors ideas. I enjoy repair, just drifted into collecting.