Ulysses Nardin 8-Day

Why don't you take the barrel out and look at the m/spring and measure that. You should also make sure the teeth on the barrel and train wheels are in good condition. Look at the inside of the barrel and make sure a new spring will hold, no good getting a new spring if in side the barrel is worn, the end of the spring might not stay attached. I will have a look in my Bestfit books and see what I can find.  

Generale Ressorts lists one 2.60x 0.18x 460, reference number 6772. Also one the same but 480 long ref 6773. Either should work fine. Pretty sure Cousins sells GR reference springs. If they are out of stock you can drop the height to 2.50 no problem, that would be a reference 6667 2.50x 0.18x 460.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Either of those ideas might work. Did you try putting a thin layer of rodico on the cocktail and then push the screw through it. Afterwards, soak in one dip
    • I would use some binding wire around the part before heating it. It protects the steel from being burned. I know that sounds strange, as you're going to heat it with a blowtorch, but if a part is thin and delicate the steel can literally burn away before your eyes, which isn't funny if you've put hours into the job. I bought some tools steel from Cousins a few years ago which turned out not to be tool steel, because it couldn't be hardened or tempered. I wasn't impressed, as I had spent two hours making the part for it to be useless.
    • Hi that’s what was meant by animal glue “ a glue made from animal products”. Ie bone , skin and other animal residues.  There was a place at Huntington YORK who used to boil down the ingredients. It stunk.   We used it in pellet form in a sort of Bain Marie on a gas ring  it was very good, didn’t think it was around any more with the modern glues, 
    • It's back to the drawing board I'm afraid. As pointed out, the Rodico trick is so fiddly and my pin vice jaws don't close in union. I tried but the screw is so small it's hard to grip the screw in the Rodico without it moving all over the place while trying to get it in the vice. I started to shake too much so gave up before the screw flew off somewhere never to be found again.  I'm now thinking that maybe I could bond the screw on the end of a bit of peg wood and then dissolve the adhesive afterward.  I just had another thought🤔 I have some really small PCB drill bits maybe I could drill a small hole in peg wood and push the screw in, as stated I only need to get the screw started.  Another idea 🤣 Magnetize the screwdriver to hold the screw 🤔 
    • Yeah there is a spring under there. Hopefully now I can source a screw for the click and the bridges! Thanks for your help!