How Do I Remove Movement From 6309-523A Please?

ro63rto

Thanks. I had the low res version of the 6309 tech guide but not the casing guide.

Tech guide says it should just drop out. [emoji20]

Dear ro63to,

This is a plastic spacer so the fit may be slightly tighter than with normal steel movement rings. The clearances at design point may be 'tighter' than for steel. You will need to gently pry up around the edges of the watch. I usually start with a stout screwdriver in the stem 'hole area' and work around. Don't try to get it out at one go but work your way round.. don't pry up near the balance wheel, a slip her would be disastrous.

Befor you try this, I would suggest you remove the rotor next. This should always be the first thing you remove once you get the back off and the last thing you replace before closing it up. The reason is the rotor bearing does a good job in the rotating plane but any up down movement of the rotor places a lot of stress on the bearing. Imagine pressing on the edge of the rotor.. what you have is a lever pivoting on the rotor bearing. On some watches this will not be possible to just remove the rotor, the whole autowinding works needs to come off but you should always keep this at the back of your mind.

hope this helps..!

Anilv

• Like 4

Dear ro63to,

This is a plastic spacer so the fit may be slightly tighter than with normal steel movement rings. The clearances at design point may be 'tighter' than for steel. You will need to gently pry up around the edges of the watch. I usually start with a stout screwdriver in the stem 'hole area' and work around. Don't try to get it out at one go but work your way round.. don't pry up near the balance wheel, a slip her would be disastrous.

Befor you try this, I would suggest you remove the rotor next. This should always be the first thing you remove once you get the back off and the last thing you replace before closing it up. The reason is the rotor bearing does a good job in the rotating plane but any up down movement of the rotor places a lot of stress on the bearing. Imagine pressing on the edge of the rotor.. what you have is a lever pivoting on the rotor bearing. On some watches this will not be possible to just remove the rotor, the whole autowinding works needs to come off but you should always keep this at the back of your mind.

hope this helps..!

Anilv

Thanks for the guidance/advice. Makes sense but wouldn't have thought about it.

Eyes are giving me problems today, feels like a needle is trying to push its way out from behind my eyeball. Will wait until no more pain as it makes me jump when it comes. Don't want pieces being catapulted across the room.

Cheers

Rob.

If your eyes are hurting, rest is essential - which is time for you to review your working conditions - bench height, light source(s), magnification, etc. Take care.

Will

Morning Will.

Totally agree but my problem is not from the above. Its from bad sleep pattern. ie I keep waking up every 2 hours due to chronic back pain (again not caused from poor posture but numerous injuries and ops)

Got a cheap Presto Presser in the post to reseat the hands after I relume them too.

Looking forward to this minor project.

Back pain - tell me about !

Here's a weird back pain story: Many, many years ago, I slipped in a bookshop - an unseen step - and fell. Some weeks later, I developed sciatica - the fall had obviously trapped the sciatic nerve, which gave me gyp for a long time. Then - about 4 years ago, I missed my step while loading music gear on to the stage at my local village hall. I fell a clear four feet and landed on my back and side, breaking a rib and giving myself a huge blue bruise  the size of Africa on my bum and back.

All healed up now, but - you know what? The fall from the stage cured my sciatica - must have freed the nerve! :D

Edited by WillFly

One of my "accidents" involves me in Italy (San Gimignano), an ice cream parlour voted the best in the world 3 years running and an, unseen by me, 12" high kerb.

Try and have a guess what happened next? [emoji9]

Been feeling the pain since 2008 for that one. To think, preparing for that holiday i also fell down my stairs **BLEEP** first carrying two suitcases. [emoji35]

It lives [emoji1]

20141106_1602560101.jpg

Movement ring needed coaxing slightly.

Took off hands, clicked date to just past midnight and reseated hands one by one. All working now.

That magnifying glass from Lidl is useless. Yes it has 2.5x but when the lens is at the correct height you can't get your tools under it [emoji35] . Going to Maplin tomorrow for the Optivisor.

BTW.... Says 6309-5282R on the dial. If I Google it, nothing comes up [emoji20] but if I enter 6309-523A lots of pics like mine appear. How come?

Edited by ro63rto