Mcdahof

Identify the maker

There was a label P. Dold, Ireland but cannot find anything else. I am not sure P. Dold is the maker or the seller. It is a Tambour Mantle clock.  Any help is appreciated I need to know how heavy the pendulum should be.

20180905_144359.jpg

I’m unable to find the maker of this clock. I’m 99% certain this is German, its an 8 day strike, strikes on a gong at the half hour and then the full hour with rack striking and anchor escapement. 

Is the case a mantle or wall? The style might help.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Chrisdt has a point, tissot brand is well known/advertised, expectedly more fake ones out there than genuine. Tissot licenced, know-how etc are decent colones used by tissot as well. You may want to post a question to see if it is genuine, if fake you can possiblg buy another one for the cost of repair. Regards
    • Here is the file rest that I made for a special job.  I was going to make the rollers from O-1 and harden them but decided to go with standard bronze flange bearings.  These are readily replaceable if i ever wear them down. Jim
    • Leinen also supplied those micrometer tailstocks on the Henry Paulson lathes that they made.  The scale is in mm.  To use it, I set the micrometer to zero, insert the required drill in the tailstock (held by drill chuck or collet), slide the drill tip against the surface of the metal to be drilled, slide the stop ring up to the back side of the micrometer and tighten the set screw.  This stops the slide movement at the "zero" thereby setting the surface of the metal to be drilled.  Next I turn the micrometer to the desired depth of the hole to be drilled.  From now on, I can drill as many holes as I want at the desired depth.  Picture is of my Paulson lathe. Jim
    • I really do not make nor repair watches.  I design, manufacture, and repair apparatus for magicians around the world.  Many of the tools and machines that I use would be very familiar to you watch and clock folks.  Recently I was working on a design that required an intermittent action driven by a very shallow "crown gear".  Here are a few pics.  To make these gears I punched out brass discs, added the center hole, raised the rim on a die set I machined, and cut the teeth on my Chronos wheel engine.  I have tons of additional projects involving watch and clock scale techniques and tooling/machines - if anyone isinterested. Jim