Omega caliber 563 - automatic/24hr date adjust

I picked up a Seamaster Deville Cal. 563. The crown, crystal, dial and date wheel were disassembled when I got it. I'm doing a quick assembly to make sure that I'm not missing any parts before I break it down for cleaning. The quick date change mechanism works correctly but I'm not getting the date to index automatically after winding the watch past the 24 hour mark. It appears to me that I may be missing a component that would attach to the wheel I'm pointing to in the attached picture. Maybe even just a pin in the hole to the right of the center axis of the wheel? Can anyone confirm for me? I'm having trouble determining what should be here as it appears that there were two versions of this wheel (possibly an older version that was stainless steel). 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

IMG_7545.jpg

Omega is paranoid with their technical documentation so any of the newer stuff is watermarked. That means I'm going to just snip out the relevant material for you. I'm assuming you've removed some of the parts? I think the date jumpers usually found under the plate. Then the date driving wheel has been updated and they even have a separate technical bulletin which covers that and its adjustment which I've attached.

Then at the link below discussion about 1563 and similar watches which I think you'll find interesting.

http://goldsmithwatchworks.com/our-pdf/563-OMEGA.pdf

563-3.JPG

563-2.jpg

563-1.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks guys! This is exactly what I was looking for. This forum is fantastic. 

JohnR725 - Yes, I have removed some of the other parts to provide a clear view. From the bulletin you provided it looks as though I need to purchase a new 563-1564 wheel as mine appears to be damaged (no tab sticking up to engage the date wheel).

• 1 year later...