This tool SUCs!

Shoshone

In search of a crystal lift, I lost the auctions by a penny each time.  This auction I actually won by a penny.  The SUC crystal lift.   Standard Unbreakable Watch Chrystal, Inc.   It looked pretty dirty in the pictures, and arrived as promised....  Can't believe anything with that much dirt was anywhere near a watch.

Anyway, cleaned it up and it worked pretty well straight off, removing a Timex crystal.   It's a grey Bakelite-like plastic with a knurled knob on top that works a pusher between the fingers.  And some numbers written on the side.  Nothing I can find on the internet, any comments on function and those mysterious numbers welcome.

Bill

s-l1600-2.jpg

s-l1600-3.jpg

So as you found removing crystals the tool works really nice. Then providing you keep the crystal in the tool putting it back in the case no problem but what if you have a new crystal how do you grab it to put it back in?

The other useful purpose of this tool is for inserting crystals. Notice in the attached image that under each number is a protruding circle getting longer as the numbers increase. So when you put the tool on top of the base the numbers will allow you to determine how far the jaws are from the base itself.  So crystal is placed on the base the gray plunger is used to keep it in place. The jaws the tool are closed protruding pins let you set the spacing of how much crystal sticks out beyond the jaws.

cl-2.JPG

cl-1.JPG

• Like 1