Help with Omega Cosmic 2000 Movement Removal

Hello All,

So I picked up a vintage Omega Seamaster Cosmic 2000 a few days ago. I have always loved this model and figure it would be a nice project for restoration.  I believe the model is 166.0129. I have read all about the complex task of opening up the case using pressure to pop off the crystal and/or caseback however I cant find anything on the removal of the actual movement. Does the movement come out via the front (crystal side) of the watch? Do I need to press it out or are there case clamps or other method required to remove? Is the crown removed by simply pulling it out by force? Any guidance here is appreciated as info on the net is not very elaborate for this watch. Attaching some photos in case I have the model wrong. 

IMG_8419.JPG

IMG_8420.JPG

IMG_8421.JPG

The movement comes through the front. Crown is a two piece split stem. There should be a special way to remove it.

For the crystal I would use a crystal claw tool to remove it. After that it should come out easily (more or less).

Some required a special made OEM tool but I believe this is how you get this one out...

Edited by Chopin