Casing-cushion on the cheap-cheap.

MrRoundel

It might not be the prettiest casing pad I've seen, but the density of the foam seems pretty nice for casing up movements. And heck, you can cut yourself out a bunch of different sizes if you'd like.

I was about to throw out a scrap that was left from my last re-purposing of the anti-fatigue foam mats that I purchased at my local Chinese tool factory outlet known as Harbor Freight. Before I threw them out I gave re-purposing another thought and flashed on a case-cushion. I just traced a tin top onto it and cut it out. Again, it might not be presentable in a customer-impression setting, but it's OK on my bench, in my room. Similar mats are available elsewhere, but probably for a bit more money. Anyway, for under $10, you get at least 12 square feet of the interlocking pads. It's probably 3/8" thick. Of course it's best to cut them out before the pad has been moved around on the floor a few times. :startle:The foam is of a very nice density for many applications, IMHO. I have now used them for a rope-skipping platform, an anti-vibration pad under desk monitor-speakers, and a casing-cushion. I just thought I'd throw my not-throwing-it-out out there. Cheers.

DSC06118.JPG

Edited by MrRoundel
add omitted word
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1