Pallet fork arbor change.

Anyone changed a arbor on a pallet fork. Have a Eterna 1412 pallet fork with a broken lower pivot. As it is hard to find a complete pallet fork. I  am thinking about changing the arbor. Tried on a ETA pallet. Worked fine but i guess the hardest part is to set the right high.  Checked jules borel and the AS1255 has the same arbor. That i think i could have one. 

28 minutes ago, dadistic said:

I've tried once so far, lost the replacement arbor because I was too clumsy with the tweezers. I've found it to be one of the toughest parts for me to hold.

Tried on a ETA pallet fork., Getting it out without breaking anything was the hardest part . Getting it in i used a bit of rodico on top of a staking punch. I just mounted it  loose and then pressed the rest in with a jeweling tool . But a pin vice could work just as well i think? The  tricky bit now is to find an arbor. 

Edited by rogart63
  • Like 1

As you say, the pallet arbour can be had from Jules Borel. You could use a pin vice to get it set in the fork before pressing into position, but final installation is a job for a jewelling press, not a regular staking set. My Seitz one has 2 stakes which are labelled anchor regul (or something like that). They look like this https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/seitz-jewelling-pushers-and-stake-for-levers.

I have managed to make one good fork out of one with a chipped stone and one with a broken pivot by swapping the arbour using this tool.