Etanche 73 movement

rogart63

That is great . Have a lot of Cup 233 parts . But wonder if i have a mainspring ?  But that would be no trouble. Thanks well spotted. Can see the marking is the same as my movement to. 

Edited by rogart63

3 hours ago, wls1971 said:

Cupillard 233 I think check Cupillard on the ranfft site.

Do you think i can order a mainspring without checking the size on the original. Maybe better to remove the spring tomorrow and check if  the sizes are near the ranfft listing. 

One of the few movements that can be identified from the bridges due to the distinct barrel bridge, an incredibly long production run in various versions from 1935 to the mid 70's, shock resistance introduced to the movement in the 1940's. I dont know in that time how the movement developed and if different versions have different mainsprings but the movement you have is a early one so I should imagine the mainspring will be the same as listed on Ranfft but you are going to have to take it apart to fit it so you may as well check.If you remove the dial it will probably have the calibre number stamped on the plate.

Cousins list the GR4870 1.70x.095x9x320 which differs only slightly in length when compared to Ranfft

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Deggsie said:

I love it. Reminds me of the ‘dirty dozen’ design

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has military background to. But can't say how . Not into military watches. If i understand right Etanche means waterproof in french?