Might Have Bitten Off More Than I Can Chew!?

Thanks for the comment No8yogi, However i'll keep intact my Watch. she works great and she keeps time better than a Watch made in China or cheap Watch at $15 or$20 ...and.... I also have a Patek-Philippe repro automatic and this Watch works but for pieces.. this not something that  you'll like anymore lolol...as I don,t travel, there's no problem because I know somewhere in the world it's illegal to wear a reproduction.of a Watch...But I don't care because I don't wear them ....

• 10 months later...
Dwdrummer97, on 25 Feb 2014 - 08:20 AM, said:

I found this info on a page about lubricants.

Special Purpose Lubricants for the Automatic System

Lubeta V105

Lubeta V105 is a dry, waxy lubricant suspended in a clear, sweet smelling liquid similar to that used as the carrier fluid for the ink in ball point pens. Its name is a concatenation of “lube” and “ETA” as the formula was developed by the movement manufacturer ETA SA. The product was designed to simplify the lubrication of the reversing wheels in ETA calibres while also helping to prevent over lubrication, which can be detrimental to the proper functioning of the automatic system.

Lubeta V105 leaves behind a waxy film to lubricate reversing wheels.

Lubeta V105 is applied by submerging the reversing wheels into the solution for several seconds and then removing them to dry. Excess fluid should be blown off with a hand blower and the parts left to dry underneath a bell cover for 15 minutes. Due to the nature of the carrier fluid that the lubrication is suspended in, contact between a freshly coated part and solvent sensitive materials (such as plastic) should be avoided.

Hi DW,

The lubricant is a dip, you dip the reversing wheel into it, then let it dry out for about 10mins before fitting the wheel back in the movement.

I have also make a complete step-by-step walkthrough on how to strip and re-assemble this movement.

You can find it by clicking HERE

It shows you reference photos of where all the parts go, in order ... including the Balance Hack that Mark was discussing may be the problem.

I hope it is of help to you, and gives you the confidence, and encourages you with this project mate.