Hello

Hendo

Hello all. In my search for knowledge and equipment on dial printing and hand making, I found this place. I have a degree in watchmaking, but our program was more centered on after sales service/support. Due to this I have been seeking other avenues to at least gain a rudimentary knowledge on topics not covered by my education. I have a tendency towards read more, post less on most forums and have been largely inactive the last several years on the watch fora of which i've been a longtime member. I look forward to getting to know the different personalities here, and hopefully adding to my knowledge base through the content. Thank you for having me. Have a good day.

• Like 1

Welcome!

There are people here who do what you are talking about, there have been several discussions about pad printing dials, and I think I remember at least one member who fabricated their own hands. With your background, I'd hope that you'd feel free to chime in on some of the discussions, I'm sure you'd bring a lot to the table. 

Member @DJW has done many of his own dials, perhaps searching some of the threads he has participated in will be helpful to you.

Have Fun!

Hi Hendo, All good so welcome and carry on. I am a retired electronic engineer. Almost a self taught watch repairer. I still use de Carles Bible. Some watches find their way to me after their owners have been quoted a lot of money to fix them. I fix quartz as well but not Accutron and F300. There are some highly skilled people on this forum but I am not one of them. Regards, Mike.

9 hours ago, dadistic said:

Member @DJW has done many of his own dials, perhaps searching some of the threads he has participated in will be helpful to you.

Have Fun!

It's actually a thread of his I stumbled across. While I have an education in the subject, I wasn't fortunate enough to break into the industry and gain significant experience. My wife was unwilling to relocate and we don't have the financial wherewithal for me to make purchase of the major equipment I would need. As it is, I occasionally will take in a repair within a limited scope, but not with any sort of regularity. Should I come across a topic here I feel that my thoughts could add value to the conversation, I will happily give my nickels worth.

Thank you all for your replies.