Eterna 629 project

rogart63

This is so stupid project that i started. I service a Eterna 629 with bad balance. I can't find a new one. And found a very similar balance from a 9,75 ligne watch  that is for 18000 hz has the hairspring from the right side. bla.bla bla . But one problem is that the impulse stone is to large. Won't go down into the pallet fork. If i can find a roller table with the right size impuls do you think it could work. Not after cosc working watch but would be nice if it would run okay within a minute a day. 

Edited by rogart63

So is this the same watch found in this discussion?

https://www.watchrepairtalk.com/topic/7545-eterna-629/

Then the picture of the movement you have in that discussion where did you find the model number because I'm not seeing it in your picture?

Then picture of the dial side with the setting parts and the diameter of the movement would be helpful to see if we can figure out what the movement really is.

11 hours ago, StuartBaker104 said:

According to Jules Borel, an Eterna 629 is equivalent to an ETA 2892-2, but thats a high beat automatic, so clearly not the right match. Are you certain on the calibre?

Yepp . Old one from the 1930 ish.  I am sure it's 629 . Looks like this with my balance on. have screwed it down as the impulse jewel does work. DSC09096.thumb.JPG.55080e2c154f9abbaa1d5168582849c7.JPGDSC09097.thumb.JPG.9f48015ae9eca0e544492357b969a7f7.JPG

Edited by rogart63

So in your pictures where exactly did you find the 629? Not that I don't believe you it's just that when I Google and look at my references I can't find a 629 and I'm not seeing it in your pictures?

Then there's something called a fingerprint system founded a variety of older material reference guides. To use the fingerprint system you need the diameter of  the movement  and the setting parts found on the dial side. The setting parts that are conveniently missing from your photograph. So if you could lay those out on a piece of paper and get a image of those I can look in the book and see if I can figure out what it is.

Then one of the reasons I ask about the number is there can be a lot of numbers on a watch none of which necessarily are the model number.