Miyota GM00 hour hand replacement

magician35

Looks like the plastic hour wheel that receives the hour hand is wrecked. The only thing to do is order a new movement, I'm not sure where you're based but they're £3.95 on www.cousinsuk.com. Be sure the hour hand is sitting on the hour wheel properly before pressing down, otherwise, you'll be back to square one again.  

Edited by Ishima

Looking at some pics if this movement on the net it looks like there is a spacer washer to help guide the calendar disc. Perhaps it is that that has become mangled. This obviously needs to removed and the hands should then fit (if they are the original that is). 

PS a complete replacement movement is approx. £4 from Cousins.

1 hour ago, clockboy said:

Looking at some pics if this movement on the net it looks like there is a spacer washer to help guide the calendar disc. Perhaps it is that that has become mangled. This obviously needs to removed and the hands should then fit (if they are the original that is). 

PS a complete replacement movement is approx. £4 from Cousins.

That's what I was thinking as well. Some sort of a spacer washer. The metallic kind perhaps, that gets slid into place...

I found that the shaft for the hour hand is .90. It has a plastic or rubber ring over it (probably to hold the calendar disc down) which makes the shaft 1.2 which is the norm for the .70 minute hand. On 3 similar movements, I found the ring is too soft to press the hour hand over it so it gets distorted and the hand is not secure. I've cleaned the ring off a good movement and hope I can successfully install a .90 hour hand directly on the shaft. Had to order 2 pairs of matching hands to get the .90/.70 combination.