pocket watch albert chain

No doubt like a lot of you out there you've  a pocket watch  or two some where, I've a couple knocking around.

I've a few albert chains that I use with them with different catches and chains on.

I thought I would have a go at making up something that I could use and wear daily with trousers,  I think I've mastered it.

No doubt all you clever people  have all got your own  ideas and version's,  I'd love to see your take on the albert chain.

Albert.jpg

Nice one. I don't go in for making alberts myself. I have two 9ct gold ones - Victorian or Edwardian - with gold fobs - and a silver one with a silver fob. That's enough for me, but I always respect the skill of those who can made something themselves.

Incidentally, none of my pocket watches is key-wound, which saves a lot of bother! I've cut down my collection to about 6 railroad-grade American watches, all of which are crown wound (at the 12'o clock position) and lever-set.

You can see my lot here: http://www.willswatchpages.com/pocket-watches.html

Amazing collection will, mine is nothing like your's,  mime is from the cylinder fobs through early American waltham 's right through to the Smiths pocket watches.

I'm hoping other people will post pictures of there albert chains to give me some insperation to design  something else.