New Logo...thoughts?

I hate to be the wet blanket here but to me it seems a bit fussy,  could you simplify it a bit?  Less is more, sort of thing.

I can see where you are coming from as that was my first impression.

When I sat back and gave it some thought, I saw it more as an icon rather than just Don's initials, a bit like the movement identification symbols we see on watch movements. I am assuming that when used for advertising purposes it will always have the DJW Custom Timepieces written underneath.

• Like 1

I hate to be the wet blanket here but to me it seems a bit fussy,  could you simplify it a bit?  Less is more, sort of thing.

I do hear what you're saying and also agree with you! I'm not 100% convinced that this will be the final design. I think it's close, but will probably tweak it a bit until I'm satisfied. I did, though, print it out on my laser printer at the approximate "Actual" size that would be on a watch dial and I was happy with how the logo itself looked.

The biggest problem with printing it at actual size was the overall amount of letters in the text. I may just shorten it to "DJW Watch Co."

This way I can increase the font size so that it is easier to read and won't take up anymore space than originally designed.

I saw it more as an icon rather than just Don's initials, a bit like the movement identification symbols we see on watch movements. I am assuming that when used for advertising purposes it will always have the DJW Custom Timepieces written underneath.

This wasn't my original intention, but this is exactly how I see it now!  

I had to do something to fix the "Bosom" look to the logo!

Just a little space added to the "J" seems to satisfy my needs! Also, I found this Font online, which I really like!

Although the style of the Logo and the Font are totally different, I think they play well off each other. Kind of a Modern/Classical pairing...

post-90-0-61675700-1407334937_thumb.jpg

One of the issues with designing a logo to print on a watch dial is how well does it translate to such a reduced size....

So, I took Will's advice and design (Thank you Will!) and added my own touch.

This one seems to translate the best...And I don't see the need to have anything printed underneath it!

post-90-0-83805100-1407419585_thumb.jpg

...approximate look on a dial

post-90-0-81312900-1407421511.png