Buren movement designed for other functions?

DJW

I was tearing down this Buren movement and noticed that there is a pinion for a separate gear. It is driven off of the hour wheel. The hour wheel does has a separate gear set underneath that drives whatever would be in this position. Would this be some sort of a date function? Movent is engraved ST 171 ... I could not find any information on this with any relation to Buren watch movements.

IMG_20170620_190418017.jpg

IMG_20170620_195840687.jpg

IMG_20170620_192903154.jpg

If I wasn't clear enough about where it's located on the main plate dial side... It's the large circular recess with the pinion in the middle. Just off the hour wheel.

After a little more research it appears that these movements were actually supplied by Seiko Corporation. I have found some very similar Seiko movements with the same dial side layout. And it does appear that there was some advancing wheel there for a date function that was not installed on this movement. I believe from the research I read that Seiko started a company called UT and supplied movements unmarked or E Bosh's to companies. I believe this is one of those movements. It also only Beats at 18000 BPH... Ones that are stamped Seiko all seem to beat at 21600 bph...

Makes sense now that the case was stamped Hong Kong. So now truly an international watch! a watch company that was based in Switzerland with a Japanese movement and a Hong Kong Chinese case:huh:

After a little more research it appears that these movements were actually supplied by Seiko Corporation. I have found some very similar Seiko movements with the same dial side layout. And it does appear that there was some advancing wheel there for a date function that was not installed on this movement. I believe from the research I read that Seiko started a company called UT and supplied movements unmarked or E Bosh's to companies. I believe this is one of those movements. It also only Beats at 18000 BPH... Ones that are stamped Seiko all seem to beat at 21600 bph...

Makes sense now that the case was stamped Hong Kong. So now truly an international watch! a watch company that was based in Switzerland with a Japanese movement and a Hong Kong Chinese case:huh:

Thought i had seen it somewhere before. Its a Seiko 7625 or something like that? 

Also you can see where the calendar advancement wheel is located in the same exact spot of the area in question that I had originally. Mystery solved! Thanks guys!

I think this is the closest match..

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&a&2uswk&Seiko_6105A

Also I wasn't sure if anyone other than Seiko had used this automatic winding movement, it has the magic lever type escapement shown in the pictures on this reference page at the bottom...

That ain't a 6105 movement. Not even a 7625 as i thought at first. That has no adjustable beaterror arm.