Location of this click?

I am practicing on an old Chinese movement and doing fairly well but now have problem - where does this piece go?  So far the project has been successful but I am stumped with this part   I do hope someone can give me guidance on this   Pictures attached .

IMG_0068.JPG

IMG_0065.JPG

IMG_0070.JPG

Could it possibly be a click for the 0-9 date wheel ??

Thanks Ricardo, unfortunately no.  Part is from the back of the movement. Both parts of the date mechanism work well and look good.    I guess the click is secured by a screw and there isn't many screw holes on the main plate I've tried them all but still don't have a clue where it goes. 

I'm not familiar with Chinese movements but a quick google image search indicates this is an 'SPS24' (or near clone). Unfortunately unless you have better luck than me I couldn't find any decent information or breakdowns for this movement!

I would have gone with ricardo's suggestion but you've said everything around the date mech is working as it should. My next thought is that could it be related to a hacking feature i.e. stopping the watch running so the time can be set accurately? I've worked on an ETA 2824-2 recently that features this 'hacking second' ability by pushing a lever against the balance wheel to stop the watch. In this case this item isn't screwed down but pivots.

Having said this ... the layout of the ETA is that the balance wheel is adjacent to the keyless works / clutch and so operates this way. On your movement the balance is on the complete opposite side. If your item was related to a hacking feature I can't immediately see how this would pivot.

My eyes are drawn though to the unusual object that goes over the mainspring barrel; not seen something like that on any movement I've worked on. Does this move or do anything that could support the above; your mystery item locates to the left of the mainspring barrel and is nudged into the balance wheel by the second mystery object that goes over the mainspring barrel? Sounds like a longshot even as I write this but...!

IMy eyes are drawn though to the unusual object that goes over the mainspring barrel; not seen something like that on any movement I've worked on.

That's the 'click spring'! You dont work on Seiko watches I see!:)

Anilv

Back to BigDisel's question.

I can't give an answer but the nub (green arrow below) would usually mate with a recess. This prevents the part from moving and allows it to function as a spring better. If this is sandwiched between plates it may not even require a screw. Look under the bridge if there's any hint of where it should go.

Capture.JPG.7aa4502dc01d58fb460f59ddaf173627.JPG

HTH

Anilv

Edited by anilv

I think the movement is by TAO possibly a 200WD. With a GMT at 6.   As for the click/spring looks like the best way forward is to assemble it and check the functions to see what does not work.   If I do get a fix I'll post results. 

I think the movement is by TAO possibly a 200WD. With a GMT at 6.   As for the click/spring looks like the best way forward is to assemble it and check the functions to see what does not work.   If I do get a fix I'll post results. 

I have been curious and looking to see if I could get some info on the movement with no success . So like you , I figured the next move was to assemble it and let the watch tell the story .

Good Luck and keep us posted .

• 1 year later...

It been about a year since I asked about the location of a “click”   Now sorted.

It the spring to hold the hand wind train wheels in place.  It’s mounted between the main plate and the train wheel bridge.  I’ve attached a picture ... indicated at A.   

Movement is as mentioned by wrt addict a Chinese ...it’s aSP16.  Thanks to all for your encouraging comments.   

D60B5595-8BB8-420B-9B7D-29C165C9BBAF.jpeg

Thanks for the update .  I can sleep now...Yuk Yuk....

All kidding aside , I am working on a vintage Gruen Precision that is Click City . There is a click for what would normally be the ratchet wheel , but in this case there are 2 geared barrels resembling the mainspring barrels  stacked on top of each other where the ratchet wheel would go on the barrel bridge . Besides the click in the normal position for the ratchet wheel , each barrel has an internal gear with it's own click and spring , and as the pic shows , there is also a click and spring for the gear on the train wheel . 

One of the stacked barrels is for hand wind and the other is for the auto-wing with the arbor for the mainspring barrel being common to both winding barrels . 

Also , you cannot readily remove the balance cock without removing the bridge on top .

The movement is a caliber 480 SS .

1359564147_ScreenShot2018-08-09at2_26_33PM.thumb.png.ae55a6da36d8807508045489a491a415.png

Edited by ricardopalamino