Rado model Florence Grains of Rice band

Question

Hi,

I bravely set out to shorten the Rado model Florence Grain of Rice band (see pic of watch), but noticed as I removed the pins that locking tubes came out as well. Where are these locking tubes fixed? I suspect they need to be pushed in at the end where the arrow points (see pic of link), but I'd like someone to confirm that for me. I would be much obliged !

Thank you

Robert

IMG_8407sm.jpg

IMG_9861sm.jpg

2 answers to this question

• Similar Content

• By wilding
      Hi there watch repair experts and fans! My first time here so please be gentle with me
      It concerns the ladies watch you see in the pics and, in particular, its rather unusual metal bracelet strap.
      I want to make the strap a few links shorter.
      Normally with metal bracelets it is, of course, all about pushing out the pins, taking out the bits of the bracelet you don't need and then putting it all back together.
      But THIS one has a weird-looking two-section bracelet which, as far as I can see, is held together by very small screws (?)  from each side and no pins involved.
      Obviously I am wondering what to do to get the pins/screws out.
      Another thing of course i that I will have to take one link from either side of the bracelet.
      Anyone seen a bracelet like this before. HOW to do this adjustment??
      I hope you can see what you need to in these photos.

• By Andrewolf79
      Hi everyone i'm new on this forum , and to the world of horology, so all help & tips are welcome in learning and understanding how to solve some of the problems i come across..   so i apologise in advance if some of the question i will post will seem "childish" to you.

I have a SECTOR no limits Watch ( well known cheap Italian brand ) i decided to open and do a battery change... I found out that who ever serviced it before bent the case pin or at least did not replaced it with a new one as i was told was part of the full service. < Battery replacement, seals replacement and pressure testing >

My issue is finding out what pin it is and where to order one.
      I have seen a few types over the net and in a few net shops but none like this.
      Is it an exclusive to the make? Can i replace it with another of a different type and witch one would suit best?

Thanks for all help and suggestions... 

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Apologies for being uncouth- I've not put in enough effort in the community lately due to a relocation, health issues, children schooling from home, and just the general "2020 malaise" but I've got another beauty in hand that I'd like to share. This is a Jardur Bezelmeter (model 960), probably from around 1945, which I picked up from eBay this week.  It cost a pretty penny too but it's a piece that's been on my wishlist for a long time and this particular one ticked all the boxes. The Bezelmeter has an interesting history- from what I have read it was marketed primarily to aviators and military personal during the 1940's and according to legend was commonly sold through military post exchanges. Collectors seem to believe that the watches often served active service members. Advertisements from the period make it clear they were marketed as tool for the adventurous professional. Introduced more than a decade before the Navitimer and Breguet Type 20, it was certainly a watch ahead of it's time. It's quite a large watch at 38mm and exhibits all of those traits we usually associate with a Pilot Watch- luminous hands, blackened dial, tachymetre scale, and of course the chronograph function.  Specialty features include the countdown bezel and 180 degree scale on the dial (useful to pilots executing a standard rate of turn). The movement is shock protected, the case is stainless steel and water resistant with a screw down caseback and cork seals; all fairly unusual features for a watch of this age. All the Bezelmeters I've seen house either a Valjoux 71 or 72 movement inside.  I prefer the former as the earlier Valjoux 71 Bezelmeters had slightly larger cases and sported the more elegant cathedral hands. The movement in my Bezelmeter needs a service (naturally) as it only runs for a few seconds. I can't wait to get to it but unfortunately I've already got a line of other watches to clear out first.  
    • welcome aboard! pretty new too. some cool people and lots of knowledge. enjoy.
    • ever contemplate these? www.esslinger.com/bergeon-7026-watch-hands-installing-tweezer 45 bucks at Esslinger, 41 bucks at Ofrei. Horotecs version is astronomical! again, I'm still deciding if I'm more comfortable with the hand tools or the cheapo hand press. I like that the press keeps things perpendicular. That seems to be key for me. between Rodico and these tweezers tho, they have helped. another thing I use is a tiny bit of rodico attached to the end of the tool tip that holds the hand. I get it to the pinion to get it started. pause, remove the bit of rodico then continue the install.  so many different things-still trying to find a consistent trick. I'm all over the board. 
    • Keeping with the spirit of this community, I'm not going to discuss any business stuff here. I've shared my photos and notes 'cause I hope they inspire someone else to try to do something cool and creative with watches, and I hope my progress notes will help.