2834-2 Day movement issue

jameswrx

I have a 2834-2 in an old Bulova day date.

the day wheel was sitting over the window so time for a look..

found a couple of issues.  Firstly someone had 'made' (and I use that loosely) a day wheel c clip which was not holding the day wheel down correctly.  Secondly the quick setting jumper for the day wheel was a bit tired looking (probably due to someone trying to move the day wheel)  

I bought the new parts and fitted them but I can't seem to get the day complication to work correctly.  

Issue seems to be as the day setting forks come round to turn the day disc it gets stuck.

I've gone through the manual and can't see anything untoward and it all works when the disc isn't fitted.

Is there a trick to correctly fitting the day wheel?  I've done it as per the pics with the hole in the disc at 9 but can't see what odds it would make?  Is the date indicator driving assembly to be Ina set position when fitting he day wheel?  I have tried it with the arm pointing at the centre.

Sorry guys I've found the issue there.  Guess there was a third problem..

the metal wheel cover under, one of the tabs was bent upwards and catching the teeth on the day wheel.

Only issue I have now Is the day won't line up either the window.  It's always just slightly too far to the right cutting off the end of the date!

3 hours ago, jameswrx said:

Sorry guys I've found the issue there.  Guess there was a third problem..

the metal wheel cover under, one of the tabs was bent upwards and catching the teeth on the day wheel.

Only issue I have now Is the day won't line up either the window.  It's always just slightly too far to the right cutting off the end of the date!

That is a little tricky  to line it up if i remember right? You need to have the day wheel in the right position? That you have to check before you put the clips on? Only thing is to get the day wheel in the right place? 

Edited by rogart63