2813 Disassembly

KyleP88

Evening everybody.

How easy is it to change the date wheel on a 2813 movement? Has anybody got experience, pictures of the disassembly or any tips to help me along the way? I know there cheap and throwaway but I'm doing a favour for a friend.

Thank you

Kyle

15 hours ago, KyleP88 said:

Evening everybody.

How easy is it to change the date wheel on a 2813 movement? Has anybody got experience, pictures of the disassembly or any tips to help me along the way? I know there cheap and throwaway but I'm doing a favour for a friend.

Thank you

Kyle

I guess it is a DG2813 movement you mean? Look for Miyota 8200,8215 as that is the original? DG2813 is a clone. 

Could be two things wrong if the date doesn't work? There is a little spring that can unhock or date wheel broken? 

http://seikoholics.yuku.com/topic/109/Inside-the-Miyota-8200A

Depends how much experience you have in tinkering with watches? 

Edited by rogart63

There are also two variations of the dg2813 out there regarding the date function. 

And this is the other one. The wheel is mounted with a circlip which can break easily. 

Can not comment on this type. I have it but i did not needed to disassemble it. 

The other one is pretty straightforward. Moreower, as i remember it was easy to reassemble, since all springs were secured with screws so no chance to fly away parts. 

Untitled.thumb.png.36e9fbb1e4314a40491b3b5fee06aa51.png

Edited by szbalogh