Watch Advice On My Website

I've been revamping my website recently and, as some of you may know, I've been adding a gallery of my watches to it. My site gets a lot of hits - thousands - because of the music content in it - so I thought it might be an interesting idea to add a page of tips about watch care - aimed at novices - to the site. The link is here:

http://www.willflyguitar.com/watch-care.html

I'd be interested in your comments, criticisms and any suggestions for additions, improvements, etc.

Cheers,

Will

Well done Will, you have been busy.

Do you think it would be worth contacting Mark and see if he would be OK with you inserting a link to this forum?

How about having "Opening a watch case" at the beginning as a lead in?

Excellent suggestions, Geo - I'll move the case opening bit to the top and then follow it with the advice on cleaning and servicing. I'll have a think about the forum link - we might get inundated with one-off requests for help, which may not be a bad thing, of course. I'll take Marks advice on this.

• Like 1

Excellent site Will, I love jazz, blues and all music, especially from the '60s and '70's...and I enjoyed your playing immensely. I used to study music (professional career), almost graduated, but switched to computers in the end. I still play but not too often considering I'm a "pure classical guitarist" and it takes time to maintain/expand repertoire. I had master classes with Ishido Susuki, Leo Brower, Robert Aussel and others I can't think of right now. I also competed/participated in some of the then biannual international guitar festivals sponsored by Radio France/Robert Vidal in Castres, France in the '80s where I made good friends including the late Paco De Lucia and his also late brother Ramon de Algeciras (they used to play duet). I also love Flamenco music which I somehow relate to some beautiful classical pieces I used to play. I got to meet Segovia and Yepes and even Luisa Maria Anido the last student of Miguel LLobet in one of her last public appearances! I had a Khono concert guitar but now I just alternate between a Concert Yamaha and a Ramirez depending. In any case, I love your watches, your site and your guitars! Great job!

OK - I've spent most of the day on the new site and put in a ton of information - mostly aimed at the watch newbie or novice.

The "Contact"  - http://www.willswatchpages.com/contact.html - page has space for links to watch repairers. I've taken the liberty of starting with Mark's website - anyone else want to be advertised for free?

• Like 2

I have just spent some time looking at your watch website. I said t.hat I was looking forward to developments, but did not expect so much so soon. The way you have added the bits of history and technical specification to the excellent photographs has to be commended! If I think of anything that you might be interested in adding I'll let you know.

I'm away to read some more!

Just had a look and it's a very interesting collection of information and very well presented,  well done that man.  One tip I was given years ago was to always handle a watch (pocket or wrist) over something soft,  such as a bed or a sofa, or close to a work surface as if dropped it will come to no harm,  unlike if it falls 6 ft.from a standing position onto a concrete floor.

Should you ever get tired of your Bunns let me know.

• Like 1

Just had a look and it's a very interesting collection of information and very well presented,  well done that man.  One tip I was given years ago was to always handle a watch (pocket or wrist) over something soft,  such as a bed or a sofa, or close to a work surface as if dropped it will come to no harm,  unlike if it falls 6 ft.from a standing position onto a concrete floor.

Should you ever get tired of your Bunns let me know.

Good point - I think I'll add that tip to the site.

And you leave my Bunns alone! :devil: