Ladies Movado needs a little TLC

Hi All

1) I have a Ladies movado my sister to get the battery replaced a few years ago... Ever since  she got the watch back The bezel containing the movement does not stay conected to the watch, it pops out with very little force (pictures enclosed). Are there any solutions should I glue it? 

Any Help or suggestions appreciated.

Thank You

Anthony

Untitled 7.jpg

Untitled 6.jpg

Is the bezel fixed in the sense it can only fit in one direction? Is it possible to rotate it so that it sits in a different position? Inspect the components closely, anything warped/bent? You need to address this for the parts to fit. Also clean the case properly..some gunk visible which won't help.

If all the parts look ok, inspect the 'inner part of the clamping component. A few taps on the edge of this area (from the top down, not from the edge!) may deform the case enough to get it to clamp. Sorry but your pics are not clear enough to give more details.

On snap backs, if it doesn't snap, try again by rotating it a few degrees..if it still does not 'snap' try another few degrees. This will usually help fix the problem. This won't work if the caseback has a cut-out for stem clearance. On your watch I can't tell if the case back snaps to the movement holder or middle case.

All the best.

Anilv

3 hours ago, anilv said:

Is the bezel fixed in the sense it can only fit in one direction? Is it possible to rotate it so that it sits in a different position? Inspect the components closely, anything warped/bent? You need to address this for the parts to fit. Also clean the case properly..some gunk visible which won't help.

If all the parts look ok, inspect the 'inner part of the clamping component. A few taps on the edge of this area (from the top down, not from the edge!) may deform the case enough to get it to clamp. Sorry but your pics are not clear enough to give more details.

On snap backs, if it doesn't snap, try again by rotating it a few degrees..if it still does not 'snap' try another few degrees. This will usually help fix the problem. This won't work if the caseback has a cut-out for stem clearance. On your watch I can't tell if the case back snaps to the movement holder or middle case.

All the best.

Anilv

Hi

Everything snaps together. The case back is OK. The bezel surrounding the movement that snaps into the watch is the problem. There is a cutout where the crown sits. It snaps in place but come apart real easy, put very little pressure on the crown and it comes loose. I don't even understand why it would not be one piece. Nothing looks distorted. Only thing I'm thinking is maybe there was a gasket there that made the fit tighter. 

Thank you for reply 

Best Regards

Anthony  

Anthony,

Does the movement and inner case go in from the rear?

I am thinking that the inner case and outer bezel do not need to be dismantled for servicing? In that case it could have been glued ex-factory and a bit of 'Loctite' will help here.

Anil

• Like 1

23 hours ago, anilv said:

Anthony,

Does the movement and inner case go in from the rear?

I am thinking that the inner case and outer bezel do not need to be dismantled for servicing? In that case it could have been glued ex-factory and a bit of 'Loctite' will help here.

Anil

Anil

The movement can only be removed if you remove stem and take it out from what would be the front of that middle bezel, so to service, it has to come apart. Would loctite hold it like a glue but make it  easy enough to disassemble again. I've only used loctite on screws.

Anthony 

Edited by adiorio110

Hi Anthony,

Most loctite needs heat to disassemble so not really suitable if it needs to come apart again... thinking about it, having such chemicals right next to the skin may not be a good idea tho!.. you need to watch for a skin reaction if you go down this route!.

What about inserting a piece of plastic between the two pieces? that should give sufficient grip between the two components. If its too tight reduce the amount of plastic sheet in the joint. I'm just throwing out ideas here as its difficult to asses how the parts come together from your pics.

Anil

Anilv, Clockboy

I'm sorry ...should  have posted clearer pictures

OK 

Picture 1 is of the Back Case cover. (it can be removed to replace battery. It stays in place no problem)

Pictures 2, 3 and 4 show were the movement sits, middle section( you would have to remove stem and take out through the front "face side")

Picture 6 shows watch. Picture 7 shows where the stem sits

The problem is were the middle section attaches to the watch. It comes apart with VERY little force. Tap the stem it comes apart.

If I glue it the watch will not be able to be serviced in the future. because as you can see the movement needs to comes out the front.

Nothing seems distorted and it does snap together. Just doesn't hold very well. I am thinking a spec of glue might be the way to go. But I will try Anilv's suggestion first

Thank you 

Anthony

Seiko 1.jpg

Seiko 2.jpg

Seiko 3.jpg

Seiko 4.jpg

Seiko 6.jpg

Seiko 7.jpg