THE FREDERIQUE CONSTANT ANALYTICS PACKAGE

Kraai

I have not had any experience, but it looks very interesting, there are other similar systems available on the market but at 99 euros this seems to be the cheapest. I have used Wildspectra which is very good on my Sony Experia but has to be used in a quite environment because it rely's on the phones microphone. My other half has been asking what I want for Christmas so I may put this on the Santa list but I would want to know if it measures beat error and amplitude first.

• 4 weeks later...

I wrote an email to Frederique Constant, this is the answer:

Frederique Constant <[email protected]>
To ....

Today at 10:20 AM

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email. We sincerely apologize for our late reply.

We confirm that the Analytics measures the accuracy of your timepiece. It measure the "beat error", as you reffered to it, of your watch.

Thank you 

Best regards

On 11/27/2016 at 5:41 AM, wls1971 said:

I have used Wildspectra which is very good on my Sony Experia but has to be used in a quite environment because it rely's on the phones microphone.

hey! we're twins! this is exactly what i do. you're right - it has to be as silent as a graveyard. what i do is place the watch on my bed with either the covers or a pillow around it to muffle any ambient sound. i'll let the watch settle down on it's own and after a while sneak up on it to see how it's doing. it's a rather time consuming method, but i does work.

i accidently deleted the app recently. i did reload it, but i forgot all of my settings so i haven't set it up yet.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• I would use some binding wire around the part before heating it. It protects the steel from being burned. I know that sounds strange, as you're going to heat it with a blowtorch, but if a part is thin and delicate the steel can literally burn away before your eyes, which isn't funny if you've put hours into the job. I bought some tools steel from Cousins a few years ago which turned out not to be tool steel, because it couldn't be hardened or tempered. I wasn't impressed, as I had spent two hours making the part for it to be useless.
    • Hi that’s what was meant by animal glue “ a glue made from animal products”. Ie bone , skin and other animal residues.  There was a place at Huntington YORK who used to boil down the ingredients. It stunk.   We used it in pellet form in a sort of Bain Marie on a gas ring  it was very good, didn’t think it was around any more with the modern glues, 
    • It's back to the drawing board I'm afraid. As pointed out, the Rodico trick is so fiddly and my pin vice jaws don't close in union. I tried but the screw is so small it's hard to grip the screw in the Rodico without it moving all over the place while trying to get it in the vice. I started to shake too much so gave up before the screw flew off somewhere never to be found again.  I'm now thinking that maybe I could bond the screw on the end of a bit of peg wood and then dissolve the adhesive afterward.  I just had another thought🤔 I have some really small PCB drill bits maybe I could drill a small hole in peg wood and push the screw in, as stated I only need to get the screw started.  Another idea 🤣 Magnetize the screwdriver to hold the screw 🤔 
    • Yeah there is a spring under there. Hopefully now I can source a screw for the click and the bridges! Thanks for your help!
    • Definitely worthwhile, if you are working with old watches - just be sure it's an actual Geiger counter, not one of the vast range of scam/fake "Radiation detectors" on ebay & amazon etc. that detect RF or static electricity...   In the mean time, I'd put the dial and hands in zip bags & wipe down the work area with a damp cloth to pick up any dust, then discard the cloth. The emitted radiation from radium lume is not normally harmful - but inhaling or ingesting a single particle of the material can cause serious long term harm, so do take care with it.