2813 movement erratically telling time...how to find the source of the problem

My wife has a watch with a 2813 movement. All was working fine until I took it apart to waterproof and lubricate the seals. This required that I take the movement, dial, etc out of the case. I noticed one of the hands was loose, so I took the hands off...removed the dial to see what the movement's dial side looked like since I haven't worked with this movement before. When I put everything back together and back in the case the setting seemed fine...date rolling over...time setting...winding was fine.

But....every night, at exactly the same time the watch would stop. In the morning, I would re-set the time and the watch would run fine until the same time later that night when it would stop again. I figured this had to do with the date advance. There was a bit of tension advancing the time and flipping the date when I would adjust the time manually so I figured maybe the date wheel and dial were making some sort of contact...restricting the movement and causing the watch stop.

So I reopened the watch, adjusted things, and reassembled. This time there was no tension when setting the time and manually advancing the date. I wound the watch and figured we were all set.

Except...when my wife wore the watch overnight...now the watch hour and minute hands were several hours behind in the morning...but the seconds hand was still moving normally.

I hooked the watch up to a Timegrapher and did not get a reading that would show it loosing several hours a day.

What in world might this be? Should I try to troubleshoot or just get a new movement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"now the watch hour and minute hands were several hours behind in the morning...but the seconds hand was still moving normally"

This symptom might easily be a loose(not tight enough) canon pinion.You can check it by pulling  out the stem and try to move hands around , you get the feeling that they are moving too smoothy and too easy,

"now the watch hour and minute hands were several hours behind in the morning...but the seconds hand was still moving normally"

This symptom might easily be a loose(not tight enough) canon pinion.You can check it by pulling  out the stem and try to move hands around , you get the feeling that they are moving too smoothy and too easy,

What's the best way to "tighten" the cannon pinion if that's the case? Just press it down towards the movement??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk