Amida Movement parts missing.

I'm working on another cheap watch, a "Legion" I bought it because it has a similar look to the Avia Daytyme, but was much cheaper. It seems there are parts missing and the day/date have no operating mechanism.

I wonder, would anyone have a picture of the movement, showing the day/date mechanism, so at least I'll know what's missing, even if there's no chance of finding parts.

fullsizeoutput_518.jpegIMG_1037.JPG

4 hours ago, ftwizard said:

I'm working on another cheap watch, a "Legion" I bought it because it has a similar look to the Avia Daytyme, but was much cheaper. It seems there are parts missing and the day/date have no operating mechanism.

I wonder, would anyone have a picture of the movement, showing the day/date mechanism, so at least I'll know what's missing, even if there's no chance of finding parts.

fullsizeoutput_518.jpegIMG_1037.JPG

Looks like the date driving wheel  is missing? 

I don't suppose you have a movement number? Amida does appear to be a manufacture of watches but they made quite a few so be helpful to have a model number if you have it?

It looks like you're missing two wheels at the minimum.

It's amazing what you can do with Google if you have a model number. Then having the picture with all the calendar discs is helpful that we see that they exist.  So is actually more out there than what I suspected usually on inexpensive watches to find anything is going to be almost impossible. Especially when it's getting impossible to find watch parts at least modern watch parts for almost any watch. So in the first link amida is shortened to AMI 715 and there's a limited list of parts.

Second link scroll down to BP #32 AMIDA Somewhere buried in there is a 715 movement and bits and pieces unfortunately I don't see a price?

Third link is interesting because it's the same movement. It also demonstrates something interesting the name on the dial may not be the maker of the movement and conceivably your movement can interchange with stuff that we don't even have listings for. The weird wording of that is sometimes listings existence sometimes they don't. Notice a reference to citizen watch company because at one time when they had things that interchanged with Bulova. I remember being at a lecture where the citizen rep said he had no idea which movements interchanged but the local material house did.

Fourth link because I'm going link crazy and isn't entirely sort of relevant perhaps. So answers a question the 710 isn't the same as the 715. It lets the rest of us see the quality of these watches. But the person has some specifications which indicates Conceivably might have access to more or possibly know where they found the specifications they have.

Then because I'm conveniently running away off to a meeting I'm hoping others can find something for us? I doubt you're going to find a service manual but other service manuals will show you what you're looking for roughly. In the absence of a good picture of the dial side. You're missing two wheels both of which will have some method of driving the indicator disk their associated with. On really cheap watches it could be just a Pin pushed into the wheel protruding up. In others it will be something a little more complicated. I don't have time to go through watch tech sheets looking for something similar which is why I'm hoping others will find something for us.

http://cgi.julesborel.com/cgi-bin/matcgi2?ref=AMI_715

http://www.ofrei.com/page1557.html

http://mb.nawcc.org/showthread.php?87172-Bought-this-Bulova-skeleton-watch-a-while-back-not-finding-it-in-the-2012-book

http://www.uhrwerksarchiv.de/movements/movements-a/movements-a-amida/112-amida-710.html

IMG_1042.JPG

Interestingly, the cal number 710 and 715 are stamped on the plate. I don't know what that's suppost to mean. 

Looking at those Jules Borel lists, it seems the Ami 718 list is more representative of the parts. Also, I wonder what the word Brevetber means?

What's interesting is if you Google your mystery word doesn't seem to really come up with anything except. If you scroll way down the page at the link below then you drop off some letters at the end shortening it to Brevet It means patent. Which makes sense as if you look up patents especially related to watches just about everything in the watches patented by somebody at some point in time.

http://www.vintagewatchstraps.com/swisshallmarks.php

So I have a theory as to why there's two sets of numbers on the plate. I've combined both the 710 image from the other website with image of your 715 and that image is attached. In watch manufacturing a lot of watch companies will start with a base caliber and add to that. So conceivably there will be a lot of variations of one watch if you looking for basic parts you can Use the base caliber parts. So the 710 is probably the base caliber for the 715. Although you look at the website with parts just about all of the parts interchange with way more than just these two.

710-715.jpg

You got that spot on John. It actually says "BREVET DEP." or Patent Pending as we would recognise it.

Thanks for your efforts, a lot of information there.

I don't hold out much chance of finding parts or a spare movement. But the good news is that the watch works, and i never set the day/date anyway. My eyes aren't good enough to see close up without glasses. So I'll carry on wearing it and keep a look out for a spare movement. You never know.