SARB017

Pip

Hey there everyone!

I was really happy to get this in the post on Monday, it's a model I've been after at the right price for months. Not the year/month combo I really wanted but a good price so I'm happy. I'm also told it was serviced by Steve at Rytetine a couple of years ago and I've read that he is highly recommended so another plus, assuming that's true.

0140fa3c2ceb18c99f89d50fc38f8c52.jpg

It has a scratch on one side of the case which I'll have to pay to get sorted. But my issue is it's losing about 30/40 spd. Could that be magnetism through a RMSD process? What else should I consider?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats pip , its really a nice watch 

30-40 seconds per day is little i think to be magnetism .

Maybe its just a hairspring regulator issue.

Thanks Parmenion. Ok, I'll have to open her up then after the weekend (I'm away) and have a go. I think I read tiny adjustments make a big difference, is that right? I'll try it on my timer app too (hairspring) and see what that says.

Also with magnetism watch is not loosing but gains seconds , hours i would say , per day. Someone correct me if i am wrong.

And yes 30-40 seconds needs a tiny adjustment, just a noticable with your eyes push.

Probably got knocked in postage then? Although it was quite well packaged I reckon it can get properly bashed during the delivery process.

17 hours ago, Pip said:

It has a scratch on one side of the case which I'll have to pay to get sorted.

No need to pay, scratches like the one on the bezel or even deeper, and ugly dents, are easy to buffed using hard felt wheel and Dialux orange.

17 hours ago, Pip said:

But my issue is it's losing about 30/40 spd. Could that be magnetism through a RMSD process? What else should I consider?

Have the watch checked on a timegrapher, all the parameters and pattern have to be considered.

Edited by jdm
  • Like 1