Seiko 6119-7000 Framework for Auto Device Fitting?

Pip

I've at the very early end of the learning curve and am halfway (although that may be optimistic) through my first ever disassembly/reassembly and service, which I'm using a Seiko 6119-7000 for. I've completely disassembled (well, not got down to popping jewels out) and cleaned and am currently reassembling. But I can't get the 'framework for automatic device' (FFAD) to sit right. There's something that is acting almost as a rocker that it's sitting on so if i screw the FFAD down at both ends it is in effect slightly bent and seems to be preventing everything from moving. Is there anything on the transmission side that needs to 'slot into' the FFAD? I've just re-looked at the diagrams and I'm not sure but maybe the transmission wheel slots in, didn't spot that last night. If so is there an easy way to get it lined up? ("No" I hear you all cry in unison followed by knowing laughter).

Thanks, Pip.

FFAD.jpg

i mean be sure that pawl lever "hugs" the wheel from right and left and its not stuck beaneath it.

transmission wheel and pawl lever - Αναζήτηση Google - Mozilla Firefox 2016-09-26 20.36.01.jpg

Thanks, will check that out when I tackle it again in an hour. Maybe the walk away and come back to it technique that I've seen recommended so many times will work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As pip says? Make sure the pawl levers  are seated properly? They should sit in the middle of the transmission gear. You can put them in place with a tweezers just before you screw the plate down? 

Have you dismantle the automatic device bridge? Make sure you put the pawl levers in the right way? 

Aaaaand it was me being stupid. Revisited last night and re-read the instructions again a couple of times. I had been putting things on in the incorrect order so there was interference. I've now got her all the way back to the day star wheel secured, although I may need to have another go as the date wheel seems to be operating without a solid click and the day wheel seems to be erratic. Could a slightly bent crown be to blame? Or is it more likely my lack of reassembly experience? 

Ok, I'll try to source a new stem and crown. This movement goes back in the box for practicing on another day, I can't get it beating at the moment anyway so I need to disassemble again and start from scratch.