Breitling Top Time

ricardopalamino

Nice watch! I love that movement and the brand is super. I do have a question, for a panda, don't you need 3 eyes? In any case, reverse panda is good for me...but is should be more like pink....oh, never mind, we are not turning the panda inside out. Too many hours among surgeons today! :)

Cheers,

Bob

1 hour ago, bobm12 said:

Nice watch! I love that movement and the brand is super. I do have a question, for a panda, don't you need 3 eyes? In any case, reverse panda is good for me...but is should be more like pink....oh, never mind, we are not turning the panda inside out. Too many hours among surgeons today! :)

Cheers,

Bob

Aloha bobm12 .... I got the info and reference # and description from the website , "The Spring Bar - Breitlings Top Time Collectors Guide " the other day . Unfortunately , I have not been able to access the site since .

I don't know if Top Time watches came with 3 sub dials like the Chronomat , Navitimer , etc . The Silver dial with black sub-dials is called "Panda" , and the black dial with silver sub-dials , like mine , is called "Reverse Panda ". 

The Spring Bar article has a good write up on the Venus 188 , followed by other Valjoux's that were used in this model .

Ah, yes, the third dial is supposed to be the "nose" of the panda! That's why I was wondering is only two dials (or eyes) would also be considered a panda. The first time I heard about the term I was working on a Citizen chronometer of similar looks, some time ago. I still have it. In that instance, the dial was white and the "eyes" were black so I guess that made it  a panda. It is funny but I wasn't too thrilled about that Citizen until I heard it was a "panda" and immediately its "desirability" increased in my eyes! :)