My collection

uzii

here is my watch collection. most of them are having stories behind...

1) Breitling Chrono Avenger on Pro1 Ti bracelet. this is my daily watch. one year ago it suddenly started loose 25sec/day. I de-magnetize it and it came back to COSC...

2) JLC auto caliber P812 bumper style. Sometime ago, weight oscillator pivot was broken. I bought a movement for parts and replaced the weight oscillator.  

3) Omega caliber 620 ultra thin 6.5mm, manual wind. My 1st fully serviced watch following Mark's amazing videos. 

4) Oris 44mm  Day Date 300m water resistant, my daily watch prior to the Breitling. No special story just a nice and chunky watch.

5) Baume et Mercier quartz :(  purchased only since I like its shape and looking - the case shape, the roman dial, the band and the flat glass. If it was a mechanical watch I would rank it as 10. 

6) Atmos clock: I will post the picture and the full story later in the Clock forum. This clock deserve a dedicated thread!

Hope you like this, uzi.

Breitling.JPG

JLC.JPG

Omega.jpg

BaumeMercier.JPG

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, uzii said:

1) Breitling Chrono Avenger on Pro1 Ti bracelet. this is my daily watch. one year ago it suddenly started loose 25sec/day. I de-magnetize it and it came back to COSC...

I know some character (on another forum) that would have told you in curt words that isn't possible, magnetized watches can't lose time. But I believe you, because I believe "anything is possible" :)

3) Omega caliber 620 ultra thin 6.5mm, manual wind. My 1st fully serviced watch following Mark's amazing videos. 

The same hot air balloon would have told you that you had zero chances to succeed with that and you should have started with a 24 lignes archaic pocket watch with one hand. But you have demonstrated to yourself and anyone else that there isn't only one path to the summit. Well done and I encourage you to do more, post pictures and participate in lively, friendly discussion here!

Uzi

Very nice Omega, the LeCoultre goes without saying, but worthy of you efforts! Had my eye on an Atmos a month or so ago, but seller knew what it was and it was personalized with engraving, so not real worthy. They didn't know how to lock it down, so that told me something. Say what you want about quartz, but the B & M is a looker.  Oris is a undervalued brand here in US. Watches with stories seem like they are worth more! JMHO

Welcome to WRT!

Dear friends,

Thank you for so many comments, I'll try to refer as much as possible. BTW, please keep in mind that English is not my native language so I might not always fully understand your comments :) 

22 hours ago, jdm said:

I know some character (on another forum) that would have told you in curt words that isn't possible, magnetized watches can't lose time. But I believe you, because I believe "anything is possible" :)

The same hot air balloon would have told you that you had zero chances to succeed with that and you should have started with a 24 lignes archaic pocket watch with one hand. But you have demonstrated to yourself and anyone else that there isn't only one path to the summit. Well done and I encourage you to do more, post pictures and participate in lively, friendly discussion here!

Hi jdm

regarding the Breitling, since I didn't know why the watch start loosing time, I asked one of the watchmakers online and he advised me that magnetized movement is the root cause, and it turned to be that he was right! This "character"  from the other room is probably one of those persons that doesn't like to be confused with real facts...:)

regarding my 1st watch service, indeed the very small movement was very very difficult for me and took me to the edge. I wouldn't repeat this drill so soon. And, this kind of statements such as "ohh you don't have a chance...." doubles and eaven triples my motivation...(BTW, this is what also push me to fix my Atmos by myself)

I'm planing to share my notes of the service but I have no pictures since the work is done. 

21 hours ago, noirrac1j said:

Hello Uzii,

Welcome to the forum. You've got some nice watches there! The are towards the higher end of mechanicals for sure. The Omega was your first watch then? Good choice and good job!

JC

Hi JC, THX! yes, the Omega is my 1st full watch service.

19 hours ago, WileyDave said:

Uzi

Very nice Omega, the LeCoultre goes without saying, but worthy of you efforts! Had my eye on an Atmos a month or so ago, but seller knew what it was and it was personalized with engraving, so not real worthy. They didn't know how to lock it down, so that told me something. Say what you want about quartz, but the B & M is a looker.  Oris is a undervalued brand here in US. Watches with stories seem like they are worth more! JMHO

Welcome to WRT!

Hi WileyDave

thx, it took me ~18 years to collect these timepieces, most of them bought online. As I said, Atmos is deserved a dedicated thread promise to post, stay tuned. just one word about it: this is a real art, I can stand and look hours on its beauty.

15 hours ago, anilv said:

Good mix of brands and styles...a watch for every occasion.

rgds

Anil

Yup, different styles and brands. I love them all!

thx, uzi.

• Like 1