Vacheron Constantin Overseas Videos

Hi all

I have been trying to find a video on VC OS watch repair and have yet to find anything. Is this some deep dark secret or what?

Some people say Vacheron & Constantin but their site doesn't use the '&' so neither do I...

Anyway, "Vacheron" is a cow herder so...

Can you tell I'm annoyed at their lack of repair videos??

Dave

It is a well guarded secret, Dave. Even the name is deceiving and a great mystery for, why would a cow herder be messing with watches? Are the company employees bewitched so as to look like cows and therefore the name? Was a cow actually teaching its herder the watchmaking art?! Animals have been known to equal or exceed human intelligence...check out the dolphins. Although I haven't found a dolphin watchmaker yet. No matter, the search continues! Oh, but I digress from your original question. Pardon me, I tend to get off track easily, it is common in my species...err, myself actually. (I'm shy to disclose what kind of an animal I am!... but if my watches could talk, they will surely tell you out of aggravation!) :)

So no cow videos! What a shame, I love cows and their milk! I was wondering, maybe, just maybe, you can find a video of a "parent" movement? Just post a picture and the mystery might be resolved pending someone identifying it. You know, sometimes the name doesn't really means they actually designed/manufactured the whole movement in house! Let's take a chance an pretend for now that this specific movement has its roots somewhere else where documentation is available.

Anyway, it's been a long time and I was missing your posts! Maybe it was me I was away for a spell either way, welcome back!

Cheers,

Bob

PS. Maybe Constantin is the name of the bull? Instead of a cow teaching...oh well... :)

• Like 1

Good to hear from you, Bob! 

According to the Chinese Horoscope I'm a Pig. It's not so bad being a pig. Apparently, they are - contrary to popular opinion - both intelligent and clean.

I've heard that the vintage VC OS's used movements made by Jaegre-LeCoultre (something about hunting and streams which goes with cows - sort of) but I've never been able to find that out either. Maybe there's a jobber movement around somewhere - ETA? Chinese? 

Nice I was missed. My dad always said, "Missed you by this much." He said other - less printable - stuff too.

The search continues...

Dave

Hello Dave,

i seem to recall that Watchguy did some work on VC's - may be worth a look. I read our Bob's posting twice and when I stopped chuckling realised he must have access to substances I badly need. :D

Cheers,

Vic

Bob you kill me sometimes i needed oxygen after that post. I like marine fish they don't make watches but they are always pleased to see me unlike the kids and her indoors but they are violent little things. I would like to be a fish not a little fish but something that would be hard to eat or very fast. As for VC watches I've never seen anything either I'm on a mission now to find something :D