Seiko 5216 Crown & Stem Removal

SCOTTY

1 hour ago, ro63rto said:

There's a button with a tiny indentation in the middle alongside where the stem runs.

GENTLY push with a pin and slide the stem out.

I think I saw that. Does it look like a little button sitting a little lower than the surrounding surface ?

Btw, thanks for replying !

Just now, ro63rto said:

No no. nothing needs to be removed. merely the first clear pic I found on google image search.

I presume it is from windung position. Let me search for tech file.

Great. I'm assuming the stem goes right in without pressing the lever?

i don't  think the position (wind or set) is important "to remove the stem - at this time". just push the button and pull it out.  if you are  removing the mvt.  from the case,  take it out and replace the stem (for now). it may be necessary to hold the button down to replace the stem.  vinn

8 hours ago, vinn3 said:

i don't  think the position (wind or set) is important "to remove the stem - at this time". just push the button and pull it out.  if you are  removing the mvt.  from the case,  take it out and replace the stem (for now). it may be necessary to hold the button down to replace the stem.  vinn

Thanks a bunch ! I know about putting the stem back if removing the movement. I just got a hold of an LM Special

& found an nos faceted crystal from Otto Frei. Gonna work on the case & bracelet also. It runs great too.

Thanks again for all your help.

Cheers !!