Caseback gasket for Seiko 4205-0150

I just purchased a used Seiko 4205-0150 for my wife to take on our upcoming trip to the Caribbean. The seller claims that it has been recently serviced, but I still have some doubts. Esslinger carries several of these gaskets, but they require the part number. Rather than waiting until the watch arrives to find the gaskets are no good, I would rather order the part now and have it here just in case.

Does anyone know where I can find correct part number for this gasket?

Thanks

1 minute ago, vinn3 said:

"seller claims"  the last " serviced"  crono i bought had NO gasket.   you need the service recept or being lucky.  vinn

Vinn3,

I know. I am not convinced the "service" was more than just a cleaning of the case and changing a strap. I will be opening up the watch and taking a closer look as soon as I receive it. I purchased a "recently serviced" Seiko SKX007 and the caseback and stem gaskets were completely dried up.

1 hour ago, Blacklab said:

According to Boley & Jules Borel it should be FF277BAA1 

Thank you. Seems like this part will be more difficult to find than I have originally envisioned. Jules Borel is out of stock. May need to buy from overseas.

Thank you. Seems like this part will be more difficult to find than I have originally envisioned. Jules Borel is out of stock. May need to buy from overseas.

It's a common flat gasket o.d. 29.70 which you can buy by size from any materials house like e.g. Cousins UK.

1 hour ago, jdm said:

It's a common flat gasket o.d. 29.70 which you can buy by size from any materials house like e.g. Cousins UK.

Thank you. I will look for a gasket with those specifications then. I appreciate your help.

I was able to order the FF277BAA1 gasket from Cousins. Seems like they have reworked their website from the last time I visited. I hope these gaskets arrive before we leave for our trip.

Thanks everyone.

11 hours ago, ricardopalamino said:

Hi jdm , how or where did you get the o.d. dimension for the gasket ?

From the watch itself. I also share a small database of Seiko gaskets sizes https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12F3W8LcLQXWCkd8G0U7g4KaKfUTox9FayfNlKEUfdFY/pubhtml

When buying generic the advantage is not only easiness and savings, but also getting a pack of 2 or 3 which can be used on other watches.

P7133073.JPG

Thanks jdm , and ro63rto for the info . Is the bezel gasket for Seiko divers in this mix by any chance . They're kinda costly one at a time .

Where do you source these generic gaskets?

Good luck with your gasket rodralph.

Edited by ricardopalamino

16 minutes ago, ricardopalamino said:

Thanks jdm , and ro63rto for the info . Is the bezel gasket for Seiko divers in this mix by any chance . They're kinda costly one at a time .

Where do you source these generic gaskets?

If it's not there measure it or tell for which watch it is. As mentioned Cousins UK has a very large selection of sizes and shipping is cheap to worldwide.

2 hours ago, ricardopalamino said:

jdm , do you order the O.D. in the generic gaskets ?

I measure everything and order the most suitable, for simplicity I referred only the O.D. in my first post here.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

The watch arrived last week and needless to say, she is very happy with it. The smaller size suits her wrist size very well. The watch came with a Nato strap which she did not like. Replaced it with a Zuluband in blue. She loves her new watch.

As far as the gasket, the watch did have one installed. I am planning on getting the gaskets lubricated with silicone oil this weekend to prepare it for our vacation next week.

Seiko4205-1.jpg

Seiko4205.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

After replacing and lubricating the gaskets, it survived three days in the Caribbean San Andres Island. She is very happy with it and now wants a modified one with an orange or purple dial. What have I done???

pair of seikos.jpg

• Like 1

I forgot to update this before...

The movement was in pretty good shape and fairly clean. The gasket that came with the watch was the wrong one. Thankfully I had order some correct ones from Cousins and they arrived on time for our trip. I also noticed that the crown did not screw all the way down. I greased and replaced the gasket and shortened the stem about 2mm. After that was done, the crown screwed all the way down and now sits flush with the case,

I still have to adjust the movement as it runs about 5 minutes fast every 24 hours. I will work on that once we get back home,. For now, it has served its purpose. 

2 hours ago, rodralph said:

After replacing and lubricating the gaskets, it survived three days in the Caribbean San Andres Island. She is very happy with it and now wants a modified one with an orange or purple dial. What have I done???

pair of seikos.jpg

Opened the door for the next adventure .