Carriage clock glass

wls1971

Hi thanks for the reply,

Its off a fairly modern carriage clock from around the early 80's. the glass is flat with a bevelled edge. I never thought of using a picture framers, the suppliers on line want £30.00 plus for cutting one to size, if the worst comes to the worst i'll just fit a plain flat glass its the backdoor glass that needs replacing,

Wayne

I would say that's a reasonable price these days for this type of glass. When fitting it has to be tight so it doesn't let dust in or move but tight enough so it will not break when the case is tightened up by the case screws. I always used to send my stuff away to a clock glass fitter.    

2 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

I would say that's a reasonable price these days for this type of glass. When fitting it has to be tight so it doesn't let dust in or move but tight enough so it will not break when the case is tightened up by the case screws. I always used to send my stuff away to a clock glass fitter.    

Yes I've no doubt it is reasonable If the clock I was talking about was a nice antique carriage clock I would spend the money, but its just a reasonable quality English made clock nice looking but no great shakes so the tight fisted Yorkshire man in me wont let the moths out the wallet at £30.00.

Clock glass fitter must be as rare as a saggar makers bottom knocker now a days:biggrin:.

It looks like there is going to be no cheap option on this other than a plain flat glass.