Hamilton - Internal Bezel Crystal Removal

The watch below has 2 internal rotating bezels. The outermost contains the timezone city (showing Berlin in the pic) and the inner bezel rotates the countdown ring. The inner bezel also has a separate glass with a transparent reference hand etched into it (shown at 12:00). In order to clean the case I need to remove the internal bezels. They seem to come out the front, meaning that I need to remove the main glass first. How to do this is a bit puzzling. I cannot apply too much force from the inside as I'm afraid of breaking the inner glass. The outer glass is held on with a silicone type ring visible in the pic as well. I tried to cut this ring out (intending to replace) but it's proving much more difficult than anticipated. I don't want to blemish the case or nick the glass. Thoughts???

hamilton.jpg

Why do you need to clean the case? If all is working ok I wouldn't bother it looks clean to me. The way I would start to go about it, I would remove the movement first. I think it all pushes out from the inside, but I do think you might cause trouble for yourself.

Movement is already out - I just sent a stock picture. I can post additional pics of the inside of the case. The case is a bit grimy in the back and near the crown tubes. I wanted to give it a good ultrasonic soak and steam. Before I realized there was a double glass, I [stupidly] tried to remove the outer gasket from the crystal and I've managed to damage it :( Now I really have no choice - need to figure out how to remove the bugger. My fault as I should have inspected the assembly closer prior to messing with it. I assumed I'd be able to give the glass a good push from the inside. If I had noticed the double glass I most likely would have just left it alone! Lesson learned!

• Like 1