Omega 30T2 mainspring

I don't know if its the photo but there looks to be a couple of kinks in the spring, if so replace it. The end is good it doesn't look as if a piece broke off, That little hook is the part that the spring presses against in order to stop the spring from slipping around in the barrel. if the end had broken the end would be rough, the broken part would be in the barrel. If all is well give it a clean put it back in and lubricate it.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

I don't know if its the photo but there looks to be a couple of kinks in the spring, if so replace it. The end is good it doesn't look as if a piece broke off, That little hook is the part that the spring presses against in order to stop the spring from slipping around in the barrel. if the end had broken the end would be rough, the broken part would be in the barrel. If all is well give it a clean put it back in and lubricate it.  

Maybe i should replace it anyway? Wasn't that expensive after all? About £15 . I will check with the owner? Only thing i thought was that it looked so short? Only a few turns. The owner said he could only wind the crown a few turns and then he couldn't turn it any more? 

On ranfft the measure for a 30T2 mainspring was 11,5 mm . Will measure tomorrow. 

Edited by rogart63

6 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

If the button has worn smooth that could make it hard to wind, person might think its being wound up but fingers are just slipping around the button.

The crown is fine? Someone has changed it recently? Unfortunately not a original crown  :thumbsd: Will sort that later.