Watch Size and your thoughts?

Watch size is a matter of preference, perception, and general fashion.

Certainly in today's world anything under 32mm, Joe public will think your wearing a lady's watch.

I think my wrist to be an average size at 7" and my ideal size watch is 40mm or there about .

As to the original question. Looks like a man's watch to me.

Fashion.. A friend of mine recently acquired a watch (Can't remember the name of the watch) It was a "Manly" 45mm excluding crown but it had all these fake diamonds around the bezel and to me looked so "Feminine " I would never wear such a thing but everyone to his own.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
On 6/9/2016 at 9:10 PM, noirrac1j said:

Invicta watches are ridiculous....not that they aren't interesting designs or anything, but they are truly behemoths! It's like wearing a small wallclock on your wrist.

Well look at it this way, many of their models are sort of water resistant, they could act as ballast when diving.

Gotta love that "MLSP" on Invicta's.

Someone fell into that trap... hook, line and sinker: 

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-jewelry-watch/ottawa/invicta-reserve-venom-valgranges/1135393490  

The seller is using this ad suggesting this watch is a fire sale bargain at 3K Canadian. The ad purports this watch to be worth a whopping $5.5 K US is sort of stretching accuracy of the value for this watch, but lets not get too legal:$_27.JPG

I can only guess he/she didn't research the real price:

https://www.amazon.com/Invicta-11930-Automatic-Valgranges-Titanium/dp/B007HN60XE

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Invicta-Reserve-10174-Venom-A07-Valgranges-Automatic-w-Extra-Strap-Mens-Watch-/311066436619

http://www.evine.com/Product/618-826 

Or maybe he/she didn't look too hard. 

Edited by MilTimeCan

Some people have money to burn and a taste in the gutter! I personally don't take Invictas too seriously...they are usually "fallen" Seiko's or Ronda's depending if you are going auto or quartz...If you go mechanics then it would be Chinese! I do own a few conservative models but because they've come my way...never looking for them. All in all, they seem to be the watch of the elite in these parts (certain circles) since it is "made" here in Florida....

Cheers,

Bob

PS. They use to come with Miyota movements but I guess they've changed some years ago...Maybe the 4R15 is cheaper!

• Like 1

Some people have money to burn and a taste in the gutter! I personally don't take Invictas too seriously...they are usually "fallen" Seiko's or Ronda's depending if you are going auto or quartz...If you go mechanics then it would be Chinese! I do own a few conservative models but because they've come my way...never looking for them. All in all, they seem to be the watch of the elite in these parts (certain circles) since it is "made" here in Florida....

Cheers,

Bob

PS. They use to come with Miyota movements but I guess they've changed some years ago...Maybe the 4R15 is cheaper!

Well look at it this way, many of their models are sort of water resistant, they could act as ballast when diving.

Gotta love that "MLSP" on Invicta's.

Someone fell into that trap... hook, line and sinker: 

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-jewelry-watch/ottawa/invicta-reserve-venom-valgranges/1135393490  

The seller is using this ad suggesting this watch is a fire sale bargain at 3K Canadian. The ad purports this watch to be worth a whopping $5.5 K US is sort of stretching accuracy of the value for this watch, but lets not get too legal:$_27.JPG

I can only guess he/she didn't research the real price:

https://www.amazon.com/Invicta-11930-Automatic-Valgranges-Titanium/dp/B007HN60XE

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Invicta-Reserve-10174-Venom-A07-Valgranges-Automatic-w-Extra-Strap-Mens-Watch-/311066436619

http://www.evine.com/Product/618-826 

Or maybe he/she didn't look too hard. 

I've have an Invicta pro diver, sizing around 40mm which is comfy on the wrist. Personally 32mm without crown would always be the ideal size for me.
The invicta is fitted with the NH35A auto movement. I've had this watch for sometime and find it accurate and good build quality. Not sure whether the movement is actually made by Hattori or Time Module which is a Chinese Company with a factory in Japan and sponsored by Seiko.

My bad and correction, not 4r15, I meant just that one NH35 which has hacking and winding from the crown in addition to the regular 7S26/36 features, being an upgrade of those (third generation?). The alternative with the Miyota 8215 is that they are probably cheaper. Nothing wrong with the movement since they are the traditional workhorses for Seiko and proven to last and resist abuse. They are pretty accurate too considering (specs say plus or minus 15 but they usually do better).

If you look in the back, on the rotor (sometimes colored yellow), you will see on the left "arm" the caliber NH35, on the other arm you will see SII which is Seiko Instruments "logo"...The main portion of the rotor usually says "Invicta", edged in cursive....

14 hours ago, digginstony said:

I've have an Invicta pro diver, sizing around 40mm which is comfy on the wrist. Personally 32mm without crown would always be the ideal size for me.
The invicta is fitted with the NH35A auto movement. I've had this watch for sometime and find it accurate and good build quality. Not sure whether the movement is actually made by Hattori or Time Module which is a Chinese Company with a factory in Japan and sponsored by Seiko.

Full disclosure : I have a similar Invicta as well (3640), I wasn't trying to knock their quality, I have the same experience with mine.

My only concern is their MLSP which is well a bit ...inflated... which can lead to some issues 

Well I just came back from the consignment shop.  Sometimes they have some nice pieces at the counter (Rolex, Omega, etc.) but today it was all newer Invictas.  Biggest watches I've ever seen and they must have weighed a couple pounds too.  Maybe they weren't selling because of their size though.

I wear a Navitimer 806 daily and it doesn't really appear as large or ostentatious as it probably did in the 1950's and 60's.  I think the "normal" watch size for a gentleman is probably around 40mm now.  The older chronographs that I repair usually date from the 40's and 50's; with a case under 35mm I would consider them unisex in today's market.

BTW I was shut out at the jewelry counter in the consignment shop.  My wife an I dropped in looking pretty scruffy in cargo pants and sweats.  Couldn't even get a glance cast our way before having to give up.  Not that I wanted an immense Invicta but there were some pretty earrings there.  :blink:

• Like 1

Yes, but in today's active wear fashion -- everybody is an athlete -- those Invicta's save you time at the gym...wear them for a couple of hours and you already have 90% of your daily routine! :D

No, those -- Invicta or not -- are not my type of watch! I have some invictas but the largest one is about 44 mm which is the largest that will fit my wrist comfortable.

• Like 2

. Not sure whether the movement is actually made by Hattori or Time Module which is a Chinese Company with a factory in Japan and sponsored by Seiko
Time Module is the Hong Kong company which is devoted to movement sales and is completely owned by Seiko Instruments International. I had a nice chat with one of their sales representatives at the HK trade fair yesterday, about which will write a report in another thread.

Invicta has quite a reputation between watch lovers [emoji28]

Straight from a chat with a friend

lol invicta
making waves
saw an invicta bolt late model at supermall 3 days ago
had bigger fins than the heatsink on my recent gaming notebook purchase (rofl)

Time Module is the Hong Kong company which is devoted to movement sales and is completely owned by Seiko Instruments International. I had a nice chat with one of their sales representatives at the HK trade fair yesterday, about which will write a report in another thread.

This Burei watch that I own is fitted with the NH36 movement by Time Module.
It's well constructed and accurate. Have no issues with this watch whatsoever. b6481d0356c88c36451a51c356746bab.jpgba74079ff582a81dfc1e939eb12eaa37.jpg