Three Seiko autos bargains????

Now I don't blame the seller for this, but a glued on dial?!?, I knew it the moment I opened case, but was able to very carefully pry away dial with xacto blade. (thankfully cheap glue!)DSCF0168.JPGDSCF0169.JPGDSCF0170.JPGDSCF0171.JPG

One mismatched 23 jewel in a 17j case! (BONUS), this is why I always look for case/movement/dial numbers or ask questions if pics are not clear. All three were listed parts and repair, so for $20USD + $6 ship, why not?  The glued dial is running and the "TV looking" case is a 6309, (17J) in a 6349, (23j case), I think I will correct. Oh and found a phantom screw, not from movement, hanging out under balance, once removed, she started running. All in all not a bad weekend, two out of three runners and 23 jewel to boot! BTW it has badly handled hairspring, probably replace entire balance.

• Like 2

6309 and 6349 is that the same movement? Only more jewels in the 6349?

Have an ugly but repairable 6309 with white dial you could have if you like? 

The dial and hands are okay. The chapter ring is a little damaged? but could maybe be found or polished. 

Post a picture later. 

Edited by rogart63

pretty close ( don't know for sure but side by side they look same), my 6309 is running I forgot to mention, the glued dial is a 7009, thanks for the offer. All these numbers are confusing!

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

okay got balance, installed and not functioning, think the escape is not fully engaging, I did not take down entire movement, so that's in the future, the balance complete did not have a collet at end so I figured spring had to be aligned inside small keeper at end of cock and tighten with screw, ( I could be wrong but I though I saw similar setup on other Seiko) I'm in midst of house siding remod which is taking up most of my time, so if I don't get back soon, you'll know why, pic is bit blurry and parts at right are from recent purchase from the bay, I was parting out, That Philippinean guy, via Redmond Washington, got a decent 7s36 dive watch complete for $14, that one is working but only for a few hours. ANOTHER PROJECT!!!!! Thanks for your interest.DSCF0192.JPG